Program Manager, Communications and Messaging Specialist
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: 210929
Program Manager, Communications and Messaging Specialist
Teradata, one of the world’s leading providers of data analytics solutions to many of the world’s largest and most successful companies, is currently poised for an incredible growth cycle as our newest strategies and analytics technologies take hold in the market.
As the Communications and Messaging Specialist on the Product Operations team, your mission will be, at its core, to improve the flow and comprehension of critical product related information throughout the company. You will be responsible for working closely with Product Managers, Program Managers, and other key members of the Products organization and its partners to ensure that our internal messaging to critical stakeholders at all levels throughout the company is top notch and is consistently and reliably shared and understood. This includes all of the logical touchpoints and updates throughout the various phases of our product lifecycle: ideation, planning, release, general availability, and sunsetting -- as well as other key announcements and informational broadcasts.
This is not a role for someone who wants a strict process already in place that they can follow, but rather a position for someone who wants to understand what the various facets of the organization are doing at all the points throughout the lifecycle of our various products, and then design, build, and innovate upon the way that we share key pieces of information to continue making that flow of information more efficient and effective. You’ll be asked to think of the communications and the mechanisms that deliver them like a product manager, always seeking to measure impact and effectiveness, capture feedback from all sides, and then improve upon what’s already been put in place.
Further, we're looking for someone in this role who can wear multiple hats – you will not only improve information flow through the processes that you define and implement, but also by working as a key partner to the Product organization’s members, helping them craft and tailor their messaging content (be it on an internally facing web page, an email or yammer communication, or a recorded presentation). You should feel knowledgeable about the data warehousing and analytics technology landscape (or be able to absorb and understand new technologies quickly) so that you can help product managers refine their various forms of communication to be maximally effective.
This role requires someone who is (1) an eager and quick learner; (2) is a natural and skilled communicator who can (3) quickly identify key messages, (4) distill those messages down into the most efficient form and shape, and (5) understand the business impact of those messages well enough to design effective and measurable information flows and processes. This role will have extensive exposure to the entirety of the Teradata organization as you’ll be responsible for everything from tailored communications and updates to specific leaders, all the way to mass organizational communications and announcements.
- Design and codify the core internal communication processes, tools, and systems for the Products organization
- Develop and ongoing working relationship with other members of the Product Operations team to ensure that the right hooks and triggers are baked into the Product lifecycle process to ensure that communications are happening in an efficient and timely manner
- Understand and research the needs of key stakeholders throughout the organization, identify, and address critical communication gaps
- Support Product Managers in the development of their internally focused communications and messaging collateral to ensure maximally efficient content
- Recommend new tools and introduce automation into the internal communication process whenever possible
- Serve as a central nexus and controller of all Product Organization communications; know what communications are being sent, scheduled to be sent, have been sent, etc.; work closely with other key corporate and organizational level communications leaders to leverage those communication vehicles whenever appropriate
- Identifyand instrument the right key performance indicators and metrics to ensure that communications are not only being delivered, but also that they are being consumed and understood
Candidate must have 2-4+ years of experience, preferably in the technology or management consulting industries. Successful candidates should have a fundamental understanding of the big data and analytics industry and ecosystem of players and an awareness of the standard methodologies and processes that are common to software product development in the enterprise technology space. Strong PowerPoint, Word, and writing skills are a must, along with high levels of technical aptitude and the ability to learn and employ new software tools and dashboards with relative ease. Excellent communication skills are an absolutely mandatory requirement. Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required.
Key qualifications and experience:
- Robust communication skills (verbal, written) with a broad understanding of corporate communication vehicles and supporting tools / technologies
- Team focused; collaborative – will be expected to iterate with content owners to leverage their core expertise and knowledge in a particular area, while simultaneously understanding the target audience and purpose of the communication being developed, in order to select the most appropriate communication vehicles and craft the most effective content possible
- Fast and efficient – An ability to operate quickly and efficiently under pressure is critical; communications workload will flow at the pace of business, so key communications may often require rapid turnaround
- Data driven – A natural predilection to identifying key objectives and understanding how to measure a given process or communication’s effectiveness
- Experience in technology industry, consulting, or other business management environments required
- Strong critical thinker with ability to ramp-up quickly on Teradata business, product development, and processesin order to most effectively provide value added support to product leaders
- Highly proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, and executive-level presentation building
- Desired experience, but not required:
- Experience with Seismic
- Web design / development experience
- Process flow / automation experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager, Communications and Messaging Specialist
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US