Cloud Administrator (Networking)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210884
Role: Cloud Administrator (Networking)
- The Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for design, implement and operate the Cloud Network in support of data warehouse leveraging hybrid cloud platforms.
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the network, third party software support.
- Understanding all kind of Network Integration among On Premise & Public Cloud specifically AWS.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage, Operate and Support 24x7 AWS environments for multiple customers
- Cloud Network connectivity for new customer onboarding – VPN, Virtual networks, Subnet, CIDR
- Implement the Cloud Network for New Customer on Public Cloud
- Enable VPC Peering, Transit VPC, VPN, Private Link, Direct Connect, Cloud Network Integration with On-prem Data centers
- Understanding client’s existing On-Premise Network architecture, VLAN, security
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key network resources
- Enable third party products connectivity with data warehouse on Public Cloud platform
- Working with distributed teams
- System and IT Network Operations
- Real-time troubleshooting and problem resolution for all Network related issues
- Deploy and Support new and existing Public Cloud Services in support of current customers and future growth.
- Participate in varied projects and assist in resolving issues.
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network performance and configuration, including off hours escalations.
- Maintain network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets in the configuration management database.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to Network management including process and efficiency improvements.
- Monitor and tune network infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks.
- Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity.
- Understand and participate in DevOps culture and practices
- BE or B.Tech or MCA
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Minimum 3-10 years of IT Experience
- 2+ years of extensive hands on networking and troubleshooting experience in large, distributed product / SaaS environments.
- Minimum 1 year of Public Cloud Experience
- Minimum 1 year of Linux Experience
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN/VXLAN, VRF, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP as well as MPLS connectivity/architecture.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Hands on experience with all AWS Network Services i.e. VPC, NACL, SG, Load Balancer,Direct Connect, Private Link , Route Tables
- Should have good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, SQS, SWF, EBS etc and their integration with AWS Networking
- Should have experience in setting UP VPN Tunnel, VPC Peering, AWS Private Link
- Should have experience in Enterprise VPN and Amazon VPC integration with data center
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS along with Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud technologies
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and/or network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash or DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Asible)
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios
- Practical experience related to LAN, WAN, VPN, and P2P, preferably in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and platforms to include Nexus 9/7/5/2k, ASR 1k and 9k, vPC, OTV, and VDC configuration.
- Strong understanding of IT production environments, operational strategies and mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- ITIL or other relevant certifications
- Service Now / ITSM tool day to day Operations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Working experience with setting up environment using Cloud Formation templates (CFT’s) will be added advantage.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as Solarwinds, Orion and Wireshark
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to lead and mentor
- Good team player
- Results oriented team player who will work towards meeting team commitments and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- A passion for improving processes and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in collaboration with product development engineering teams
- Strategic thinker, ability to see big picture and develop roadmaps
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Administrator (Networking)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN