Teradata Operations DBA
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 210878
Role: Teradata Operations DBA
Exp: 2- 10 Yrs.
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- He should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Project Deliverables
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Hands-on experience in using DSA
- Exposure to other backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the Development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Hands-on experience in Statistics Management
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Exposure to Teradata Utilities
- Coordinate Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities.
- Ensure Teradata Polices, Procedures, Customer SLA’s are honored.
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis.
- Strong debugging skills
- Engineering Graduate
- 2-12 years of DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata or Oracle
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
Desirable Skills :-
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting and Python skills.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Operations DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN