Lead Data Engineer
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 210777
Lead Data Engineer
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
- Coordinate with customers to understand their requirements
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a work break down structures and do risk analysis.
- Provide direct support to the solution architect and the solution delivery team.
- Lead a dynamic and collaborative team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and management capabilities.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field
- Hands on experience with one or more ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, Talend etc.
- Strong concepts/experience of designing and developing ETL architectures.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Working experience in one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Financial etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as HDFS, Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Working experience with at least one cloud service provider: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and hands on with their native tools.
- Experience in projects using Agile delivery is mandatory.
- Experience and understanding of DevOps technology stack and standard tools/practices like Linux, Dockers, Jenkins & Git etc.
- Experience with Teradata tools and technologies will be a plus.
- Training/Certification on Teradata will be a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in customer facing roles for large engagements and managing solution delivery teams.
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set
- Demonstrated skills in team leadership, coaching, and competency building
- Must be self-motivated, analytical, detail oriented, organized and pursue excellence on all tasks
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK