Area Vice President Sweden Enterprise
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 210703
Area Vice President Sweden Enterprise
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Reporting to: GEO VP
Sweden is one of the key geographic areas for Teradata to accelerate growth with key accounts across the territory.
The AVP will be a key member of the Northern Leadership Team and reporting in the GEO VP.
This individual will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing GTM (go to market) team of Account Directors, Business Consultants and Solution Engineers and supporting services (deal desk, finance, Sales Ops, marketing, etc). The candidate is responsible for casting and refining the vision, direction, and strategy of the Sweden organization. He/she is responsible for providing executive-level sales leadership, developing and executing winning sales strategies, and assisting efforts to close business. As a coach, the AVP is expected to motivate the Sales organization to succeed to their fullest potential and lift up the business to the next level.
The incumbent holding this position is expected to manage sales and business results in the territory as if operating his/her own business while acting in the best interest of the TD Corporation at large. This means continually growing the district’s business within the Corporation, while helping the sales representatives to solidify, elevate and nurture relationships within key customer accounts and all members of support groups internal to TD. The AVP also serves as a liaison between members of upper management, internal sales support teams and the sales team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Managing Sales and Business Results:
The ability to effectively manage order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, and pricing decisions. This also includes an understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight. Accurately forecast business results/outlook.
Assign territories and accounts to sales specialists.
• Manage budget and practice expense controls.
• Relationship Management (external): Establish and nurture the professional business relationship between a customer and TD at various levels of the client's organization. Possess excellent knowledge of the client's industry and specific business, strategic thinking and
interpersonal sensitivity all founded in trust.
• Relationship management (internal): maintain and influence relationships with internal partners and resources across several industry solutions like Retail, Telecommunication, CPG, Government, Life Science and within TD.
The ability to motivate and empower the sales & services team to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modelling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction, championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success.
• Maximize sales across targeted accounts leveraging various channels of distribution,
both direct and indirect.
• Develop and/or capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business opportunities. Advise, counsel and recommend solutions to sales specialists for presentation to customers on how to meet or address needs.
• Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction.
• Drive development of new business opportunities and closure of new account business.
• Close profitable Financial, Retail, Telco & Cross sector Solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services.
Sales Coaching and Development:
The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop sales associates to enhance their performance. This includes coaching both sales skills and sales strategy that are situationally driven in the field. This also includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans.
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical & application professionals and management, to achieve business objectives.
Drive Innovation with account teams and customer to deliver Teradata solution with key cloud partners
- Recognize wins and celebrate successes to build strong team spirit
- Pursue professional development opportunities to enhance the skills of sales specialists; prioritize and schedule training/developmental activities for the sales team.
Development of Solution Selling Skills and Capabilities:
The development of solution selling skills and capabilities within the sales team includes: ability to understand the industries and our solution portfolio, complete a thorough analysis of the customer’s business problem/need and articulate how our solution will address the business problem/need with a significant return-on-investment for our customer.
- Ensure the sales team has researched the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model.
Demonstrate understanding of and the ability to articulate the value of our (cloud) delivered solution in terms which will significantly impact the customer’s business results.
• Ensure that the Account Directors and others involved in consultative selling are able to articulate the solution in terms of Return-on-Investment (ROI)
to the customer.
• Lead Account Directors to effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques. The incumbent effectively advises, intervenes, influences or brings professional or technical expertise to bear on a customer or client group, situation,
or organization over which they have no direct authority. The incumbent in this role is expected to maintain a high level, executive relationship with the customer and provide a strong level of industry knowledge.
- Driving the development and execution of sales and services account/opportunity planning
Penetrate competitive sales and services accounts, while maintaining existing Teradata business
• Maximize sales and services revenue and margin volume
• Ensure people resources understand their targeted industry and articulate the
business value of Teradata’s solutions, including services, cloud delivery options, to business users
• Building strategic relationships with key current users, as well as competitive accounts
• Effectively coordinates and manages resources to ensure all current accounts and competitive accounts are being handled effectively
- Fast-paced, multi-functional tasking
Internal and External meetings and conference calls
• Making tough decisions about business, strategies and people
• Counselling, coaching, training and managing people resources
• Ability to positively react and implement change and innovation
• Drive execution within the organization
• Forecasting & Analysis
• Drive and work in a teaming environment
• Partner with Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Sales Ops, Deal Desk, Managed Services, Renewal Management and Marketing/PR
Education and Background
- BS/BA degree in a business-related field
- Experience in selling software/applications
- Experience in selling and articulating the value of Teradata Services to customers a benefit
- Strong record of customer satisfaction
- Several years’ experience in selling solutions/services
- Demonstrated success in sales coupled with the demonstrated initiative towards advanced training related to management skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Financial, Automotive, and/or Retail industry and Teradata solutions is critical, especially on the Swedish market. Industry Knowledge pertains to ones’ ability to understand the industry
- Good network and wide contacts in the Swedish Enterprise market.
- Excellent Swedish & English language knowledge is essential (Oral and written)
State: Stockholms lan
Community / Marketing Title: Area Vice President Sweden Enterprise
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE