Software Engineer – Security / Gateway
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210677
Sr. Software Engineer – Security / Gateway
As a Security Sr. Software Engineer / Architect, you will play a key role in architecting and developing network and security-related features and enhancements. This is an Engineering position, which will provide for Research and Development activities in the Gateway and TDGSS areas for Teradata Database. You will work in close collaboration with an existing team of world class Architects and Developers. You will have responsibility for design and implement new Gateway and TDGSS features for Teradata Database. This position requires both broad and deep knowledge of the networking and security features required to use data platforms, data warehouses and client tooling. The person is this role will possess technical knowledge and experience in software design and development, good presentation skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of management and technical staff.
Teradata Database Engineering is seeking an experienced Database development engineer to join our Security/Gateway/TDGSS team. As a member of this team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members of the team to design and implementation various network and security-related features and enhancements.
This is a hands-on position in which you will be part of a small agile team consisting of talented C, C++ and Java developers, designing and developing from conception through to delivery utilizing the latest tools and technology.
- 10 years of industry experience.
- Strong UNIX/Linux and Windows skills
Programming skills in C, C++, Java, .NET is a must.
- Strong core C++ design and development experience.
- Strong IP networking fundamentals and experience in the application of IP protocols
- Strong understanding of algorithms, statistics, and advanced data structures.
- Server-side Enterprise Java, and Client-side JDBC, ODBC and other connectivity tools.
- Spring framework (Spring IOC / JDBC) is a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with networking standards and protocols including GSS-API, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with open source technologies such as OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, Xerces, etc.
- Unit testing frameworks
- Advocate of Agile development methodologies is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on Experience with GitHub builds
- Hands-on Experience with Cloud computing and Cloud Security
- This position is located in El Segundo or San Diego, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the entrepreneurial nature of the team.
Experience and Education:
- MS/PhD degree in computer science/engineering or related field plus 5 years industry. -or- BS in CS/CE plus 10 years industry experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer – Security / Gateway
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US