Support Data Engineer
Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 210668
The Data Engineer is a trained technical specialist experienced in development and support of the ETL processes (applications, workflows, procedures) to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the relational database according to the overall datawarehouse architecture and design requirements. The Data Engineer supports the production ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the customer. In MS activities Data Engineer monitors the status of the regular processes, reports issues, recommends and performs corrective actions if needed. The Data Engineer may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. The Data Engineer may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze, monitor and report current status of the processes under control.
- Understand and refine ETL requirements.
- Analyze the processes against service level agreements for data timeliness, frequency and resource usage.
- Analyze and optimization current solutions, physical model optimization, query tuning.
- Data Engineering experience 3+ years; working with Teradata 6 months at least or more
- In depth knowledge of any enterprise relational database; knowledge of Data Warehouse technology
- In depth knowledge of one of ETL tools: Informatica PowerCenter or SAS DI
- Linux Command line as a user knowledge
- Good Teradata SQL knowledge
- Microsoft Excel Advanced user knowledge
- Communication skills: to be able to communicate with IT support specialists
- Any object-oriented programming language experience. Java programming experience is an advantage
- Experience working with Kafka
- Knowledge of Metadata driven approach is an advantage
- Knowledge of BigData is an advantage
- Banking / Finance industrial experience is an advantage
- Master degree in IT or related sphere
- English intermediate, Russian native
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Support Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU