Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 210665
Role: Data Modeler
Job Location: Prague
Teradata’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) brings together data enthusiasts from all corners of the world to support our customers within the EMEA region. We analyze their business needs and address them with the most sophisticated data solutions including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores and much more.
The Teradata Data Modeler’s role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Teradata Data Modelers are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, data modeling and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
The role requires potential traveling across the EMEA region.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
As a Data Modeler, you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Data design – data modeling, data flow, data transformations
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, clarification and management of associated documentation
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Modelling, Data Architecture or Data Analysis
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing or big data
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Data Integration principlpes
- Experience with requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
- Flexibility in working from Prague (Czech Republic) with business trips abroad if required by the customer
- Excellent written and oral English, with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables
- EU citizenship or permanent residency in CZ
- Employment Type – Full Time
- Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or other related area is desirable
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Strong skills in stakeholder management and customer service; able to manage complex relationships and organizations
- Focus on detail, resourcefulness, decisiveness, good problem-solving skills, flexibility and adaptability
- Experience with Data integration software
- Proficiency with BI tools: specification, development, and use (PowerBI/Tableau/QlikView/BO)
- Experience with requirements management tools (JIRA, Jama, Trello)
- Knowledge of DataOps tools and principles (Git, Jenkins, code automation tools)
- Awarenes of public cloud platfoms (AWS, MS Azure, GCP) principles and features
- Any other European language
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing on-site training about Teradata Vantage architecture
- 25 days of holiday a year, 3 sick days and various other time off to enjoy special occasions
- Flexibility of working from home and from our fully equipped office in the 24th floor of the second tallest building in Prague.
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Language courses for employees
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ