Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 210654
Role: DevOps Specialist
Job Location: Prague
Advanced Automation Engineer
Teradata’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) brings together data enthusiasts from all corners of the world to support our customers within the EMEA region. We analyze their business needs and address them with the most sophisticated data solutions including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores and much more.
An Automation Engineer plans, designs, develops, and deploys practical solutions based on a DevOps, DataOps and a continuous integration methodology. The key product of the role is focused on automation for SDLC routine activities like an infrastructure provisioning, code and test development, software packages deployment and operational processes.
Automation Engineers has expertise with building data repositories (e.g.: DWH, ODS, Data Lake), but will be encouraged to develop into “T-shaped” professionals as part of their professional development.
Automation Engineers work on projects that use platform services like Teradata and other data-related systems, mostly deployed on Linux. The candidate must be ready to work with various deployment models: cloud, on-premise or in hybrid environments.
Advanced Automation Engineers function as Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design automation and CI/CD processes & automation in order to fulfil business needs
- Implement, test and maintain continuous integration and delivery workflows using best practices across the market and automation tools stack
- Act as a product owner of automation domain on a project, plan implementation roadmaps
- Develop, validate and document the automated continuous integration solution design
- Test the developed automation system (smoke test, system integration test, performance test)
- Deploy systems in cloud, on premises or in hybrid environment
- Support, establish and maintain the deployed solution, configuration management solution, continuous integration solution and continuous delivery pipelines
- Be ready to communicate with project stakeholders (Project managers, members of Scrum team, customer) and to define automation guidelines in line architecture
- Lead a team of automation engineers on projects and support them with their tasks
- Experience working in data analytics environment (Data Warehouse projects) and stateful services
- Professional communication skills, including business-stakeholder communications
- Experience working with adaptive planning techniques (aka Agile), understanding MVP approach
- Good knowledge of Linux - basic layout, package management, user management, shell scripting and overall good Unix vocabulary
- Practical experience and good knowledge of DevOps, DataOps or Continuous Integration methodologies and best practices
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Good practical skills with SQL
- Proficiency in a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Expert knowledge of git
- Ability to use bug/task/change tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla…)
- Ability to write technical documentation in English language (Run Books, User Guides, Tutorials…)
- Knowledge of build tools (Maven, Gradle…) and use of infrastructure servers (Nexus, Artifactory…)
- Flexibility in working from Prague (Czech Republic) with business trips abroad if required by the customer
- Advanced English
- EU passport or work permit for Czech Republic is required
- Employment Type – Full Time
- Experience with or at least some knowledge of system integration tools or/and middleware
- Experience with system containerization Docker, VMWare, VirtualBox
- Familiar with Kubernetes architecture
- Basic knowledge of security and authentication (LDAP and/or Kerberos and SSL)
- Understanding basic networking concepts (WAN, LAN, DNS, OSI, Protocols…)
- Experience with test automation in any language is advantage
- Be ready to mentor, train, and lead consultants
- Any other European language
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing on-site training about Teradata Vantage architecture
- 25 days of holiday a year, 3 sick days and various other time off to enjoy special occasions
- Flexibility of working from home and from our fully equipped office in the 24th floor of the second tallest building in Prague
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Language courses for employees
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Specialist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ