Team Lead, Order MGT and Billing
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 210639
Team Lead, Order Management Group
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
The primary function of this position is to proactively manage all America’s order management processes related to order validation, creation, fulfillment, order change management, billing, and communication. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage team responsible for provisioning and billing orders
- Manage headcount of 8 associates
- Participating in month-end close process. This position will require overtime at month ends. This position also will be even busier at quarter closes and year-end.
- Establishing and refining existing processes and policies to support business needs.
- The ideal candidate will apply continuous improvement processes to accomplish the following:
- Establish and follow to the greatest extent possible a standardized work approach to order management
- Understand and effectively address all non-conformances in process or execution for the department
- Ensure an effective training program is defined and in place for all Order Management members. The Manager will be required to demonstrate and also coach the team in effective communication, and when necessary, appropriate escalation of issues related to order execution or non-conformances.
- Ensure all orders are booked, billed, and delivered timely and accurately
- Effectively manage and lead employees and report monthly metrics on performance to upper management
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Support and Accounting. This will require a strong understanding of the business practices as well as some revenue recognition knowledge
- Create and lead projects focused on automation and streamlining internal operations
- Frequently review existing policies and processes and recommend changes to upper management as needed
- Building efficient, scalable, repeatable processes
- Develop and maintain the global Order Management strategy
- Interact with employees from all around the world and must participate in oral and written business level communications. Communication will be conducted primarily in English but special attention is always required to properly understand concepts and issues from people whose first language may not be English.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 5+ cumulative years of industry experience
- 3+ years in a management or leadership function
- Oracle eBusiness Suite – Order Management, Service Contracts and Invoicing modules– highly desired
- Microsoft Office
- System and data flow knowledge
- Ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies Preferred Knowledge/Skills, and Education
- Must be bilingual in English, Spanish or Portuguese
- Order management experience required
- Successful previous utilization of process improvement concepts
- Experience in Project Management for products with high complexity
- Proven experience in implementing and controlling processes ideally within a lean business environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Team Lead, Order MGT and Billing
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX