Location: Guangzhou, Guangdong Sheng CN
Requisition Number: 210625
The Business Consultant (BC) is a key member of the Teradata GCA GTM Account team. The BC engages directly with named accounts as well as prospects and partners, working closely together with the other account team members – the Account Executive, Industry Consultant, Project Manager, Consulting Team and Sales Engineer.
The BC responsibility in the triad account team is to front the selling of business capabilities and solutions that leverage Teradata’s Vantage software. Solving complex business and industry problems with software and consulting services. This may be stand-alone projects or larger data management and analytics programs. The BC builds relationships to the customer’s business buyers & influencers, and will be focused on fostering customer business benefits and growth, by solving the data and analytics challenges they face.
The BC will have support from GCA BC Lead and Regional I&BC team in the selling and closing of innovative services, solutions, and programs that drive recurring Teradata software revenue.
The BC reports to the BC GCA Lead.
The Business Consultant is a critical role & business driver for Teradata. The consultant is responsible to drive innovation within the target customers and prospects base on how to deliver real business outcomes with data and analytics. The primary objective with this is to drive consumption of Teradata software to the benefit of the customers. In order to accelerate the realization of this, the BC will front the selling of assets, solutions, and consulting services at scale, focusing on the largest and differentiating opportunities.
Specifically, the BC will:
- Work closely with the Account Team to qualify opportunities, and with the GCA Consulting organization and to secure the cross-practice teams to build proposals, project estimates, and contracts
- Instigate a strong teamwork mentality within the GCA BC team working in the account triads
- Focus on packaged, value-based services and solutions that drive ROI for the customer and ARR growth for Teradata. Leverage Teradata IP, assets and experience, and adapt pricing behaviors towards pricing for value
- Work with the GTM team on the negotiation and closing of solution, platform and consulting deals
- Build and maintain customer relationships at senior management for key accounts
- Support alignment, collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the Geo, also working closely with the Regional I&BC team to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Drive an innovation culture that promotes new thinking and that enables continuous development and improvement of how we do business
- Be an active ambassador for the Teradata brand through brand marketing, postings, blogs, and as a speaker at events at conferences
- Support and promote the full utilization of corporate systems and processes
This position implies frequent interactions with the customers & prospects, working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office & customer site. Local travel up to 70% is expected depending on the location of the candidate with respect to the customer(s) site(s).
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Have 6+ years industry experience, including experience of a consulting organization;
- Demonstrate industry knowhow and the ability to influence and build trust from C to working level;
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Enterprise Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business;
- Deep insight into the Teradata products, architecture, offerings and service portfolio is needed, as well as deep understanding of the customer’s business and industry;
- Be able to motivate and work with an extended team of subject matter experts and practitioners throughout a multi-country organization;
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of engagements and activities related to consulting business management;
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and personal development of both themselves and of the extended teams that they manage;
- Support Partner organizations that can work with Teradata for synergistic capabilities at our customers and prospects;
- Possess good analytical, problem-solving, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in Chinese, be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English as a benefit.
State: Guangdong Sheng
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guangzhou, Guangdong Sheng CN