Product Support Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210622
Teradata “System Performance Team” is an exciting team within our Global Support Organization that focuses on overall Teradata platform performance incidents include on Prem, cloud and Hybrid. In this role, you will be engaged in detailed analysis of Teradata system-level solutions of customer system performance issues. Performing analysis, understanding resource utilization/consumption, as well as issues related platform architecture, configuration, sizing and much more. The ideal candidate will possess strong system-level analytical skills and an excellent understanding of methodologies and tools used to monitor and identify system performance issues. This role requires good resource management skills to balance progress on multiple incidents and projects. You will have the opportunity to solve real world customer problems, learn a wide variety of new technologies, and to gain knowledge in a multitude of areas. To be successful, you should be a self-motivator who has the ability to quickly learn new technologies and dig deep into technical issues. Owns issues/incident end-to-end, takes accountability and ownership. If you have a desire to work on the cutting edge of technology, face challenging problems then this position is for you. Excellent way to apply and grow capabilities, create and nurture relationships, and contribute to Teradata’s Success.
What We Do
Teradata delivers business outcome led through technology-enabled solutions in the areas that matter most – from operational excellence and asset optimization, to customer experience and product innovation, to finance transformation and risk mitigation. We work with leading businesses in over 75 countries worldwide. Our clients include many of the top performers and best-known brands in telecom, transportation, consumer packaged goods, financial services and manufacturing. We focus on turning the most complex and challenging data sets into high-value assets that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for the business. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
• Full ownership of customer system performance incidents
• Discuss with customer and site team to fully understand the performance issue being reported, and the Who, What and When.
• Actively engage in investigations and analysis
• Drive discussions with team members, other PST’s, MS, PD and Performance COE
• Coordinate/drive proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues while staying actively engaged
• Recreate problems to identify root cause analysis
• Lead discussions with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions performance issue
• In-depth knowledge of Teradata products
• Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
• Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
• Identify and implement process, product and tool improvement
• Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
• Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures and Service offerings
• Create knowledge on new learnings
• Experience working in a mission critical, 24/7 environment
• Technical mentoring of team members
• Proficient with LINUX and/or other OS environments
• Work effectively in a geographically dispersed support team environment
• Technical leadership skills
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical abilities
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively share technical knowledge
• Experience using a problem ticketing system
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline 5+ years of experience
Specific Skills You’ll Need for this Role:
• Experience supporting customers using complex configurations/products
• Experience with or knowledge of Teradata Database preferred
• Solid knowledge of problem recreation techniques on Linux operating systems, and/or PDE, and/or DBS.
• Solid personal management skills to intelligently prioritize workload on multiple problems simultaneously
• Experience or knowledge with scripting/programming
• Knowledge of Teradata Systems Administration or Database Administration is preferred
• Working understanding of Large Server architecture
• Ability to learn multiple product areas such as; DBS, PDE, TVS, OS. And possibly networking and client in the future.
• Exposure to various performance analysis tools such as; top, iostat, sar, puma, awtmon, DBQL, TASM, ResUsage, perflook, perfstats, PDCR, WLM/WLA or ability to quickly learn.
• Exposure to PMCOD/WMCOD/CPUCOD, tdsched, TIM, Tcore, CDS
• Able to understand page caching, swapping, disk I/O, networking, bynet
• Ability to quickly ramp up on platform architecture; compression, fallback, W/RI, performance characterization, sizing, storage, vconfig, clique, etc…
• Able to learn about hardware performance issues, such as slow lun, controller down, cpu throttling, etc…
• Ability to drive large cross-organizational and cross-functional teams to isolate root cause of performance issue.
• Open minded for future learnings such as WLM
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of Teradata database architecture and Teradata-specific database concepts
• Working knowledge of Teradata' System Management applications (Viewpoint, TASM)
• Working knowledge of multiple cloud platforms.
• Exposure bash scripting.
• Able to use power point and excel.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN