Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210621
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We’re looking for a hands-on technical engineering manager that has experience in building and supporting large-scale distributed systems on public cloud infrastructure platform.
- Architect, design, and implement efficient and reusable user interface and back-end services that drive complex workflows in integrating different Vantage Cloud platform capabilities and aggregating them in an intuitive console / dashboard.
- Take ownership of the feature and services from inception to operating in production and provide engineering and operational leadership with close partnership with global teams.
- Experience in communicating with customers, collaborating with technical/design teams, and senior management to define requirements and describe product features
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Cross-team collaboration with user experience, product management, and documentation teams, as well as technical leaders from other engineering teams on driving the vision from engineering standpoint and helping remove bottlenecks in its implementation.
- Hire and retain a world-class and diverse full-stack engineering team
- Demonstrated progressive work experience of 12-15 years of designing, building, and deploying distributed systems in production of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management.
- Experience leading a team of full-stack cloud engineers in an Agile environment
- Deep understanding and foundation in developing microservices in Serverless architecture is expected.
- Advocate of building cloud native services and applications with strong focus on DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and Automation
- Experience with a relational and non-relational data stores (Postgres, Redis, etc.) and text query engines (Elasticsearch, Lucene, etc.)
- Exposure to one or more Public cloud environments (AWS or Azure or GCP) for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS applications.
- Inspiring and self-motivated individual driving strong sense of purpose and agility.
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a global team.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN