Software Quality Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 210606
Software Quality Engineer (SQE) or Test Engineer
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share — our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
The main building block of Teradata is its SQL Engine. And the heart of Teradata SQL Engine is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges. The query optimization group at Teradata has an opening for a software quality engineer to help in testing new enhancements and advanced features for the Teradata SQL Engine.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the Teradata Query Optimization Team, leading in defining and maintaining the procedures and technologies for the testing functions of the project. Successful candidates would participate in our testing process and all the related technologies, environments, and scenarios (including functional, performance, feature interaction, and regression testing) required to ensure a successful product development life cycle and delivery. You should be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated deployment and testing process.
Your Business Objectives would include
- Contribute to the testing effort for complex features which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating, executing test cases, and reporting software defects
- Conduct performance testing and competitive benchmarking by doing performance analysis and Optimizer join plan analysis to determine usage of the features
- Isolate problems and aid in debugging
- Review design specs
- Write test specifications mapping tests to technical requirements
- Develop automated tests for features that manage, distribute and monitor computation across distributed systems in virtual, bare-metal on-premise or in the Cloud environments
- Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting
- Create and improve database schemas and functional test modules for re-use and testing of future features
- Interact with engineers from other organizations to simulate internal and customer-like test scenarios which help validate the product
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process
- Work on test enhancements and quality initiatives to improve the quality of the features and product
- Identify feature interactions and develop feature interaction tests considering various dimensions such as query, feature, supportability, software module, configuration, physical database design, and data
- 2+ years of experience testing enterprise software
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related degree
- Experience with Test Automation is required
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems and shell scripting (bourne, c-shell, k-shell)
- A passion for software quality and a knack for identifying tests that break code
- Familiarity with SQL Programming to understand and develop complex SQL queries
- Experience using Github for source control management
- Exposure to testing software in cloud environments
- Experience developing user interfaces and dashboards
- Ability to work in a small team of developers and quality engineers focused on testing a related set of features
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in an Agile development process such as Scrum
- Experience with Jenkins to build, test, and deploy software
- Experience testing databases or database administration experience
- Experience with Python and/or shell scripting is highly preferred
- Knowledge or experience using Docker containers
- Knowledge of network protocols and operation
- System integration and testing knowledge
- Knowledge of Hadoop or Spark
- Grasp of operating systems concepts including filesystems, networks, and memory management
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or GO programming languages
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodology
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
*Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military, and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Quality Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX