Python Software Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 210604
Python Software Engineer
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This position is for a software development team member working in the Teradata Global Support Organization (GSO). You will join a community of developers operating in an innovative community contribution development model in the spirit of open-source software development, in support of the GSCTools product. As a member of the Customer Support Tools Team you will be working with Product Support Teams, Product Management, Product Engineering, and Customer Services professionals in helping to improve tools and services strategies across our product line, which improve time-to-resolution of known and unknown problems. You will also gain familiarity with the ServiceNow platform and its automation workflows, helping to build out automated remote support capabilities.
*This position is located in Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
*US B1/B2 Visa Required (or the ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
*Strong English skills required (written & verbal)
- Build automated workflows on the ServiceNow Platform for remote support capabilities
- Support the community contribution development model
- Enhance and maintain business value customer support tools
- Mentor and train community team members
- Product Incident Management
- Contribute to vision, design, and implementation for the future of the product
- Interest in tools development striving for customer satisfaction
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing product environment, running in an agile software development model
- Strong grasp of system and software concepts related to interoperability and dependencies of various tools and applications
- Understanding of platform and SW integration, storage and operating systems
- Ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams and across organizations and management levels
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- +3 years of hands on working experience on dev, not web (Python, Java or related )
- US B1/B2 Visa Required (or ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Strong English/Spanish skills (written & verbal)
- BS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Working experience with Linux Operating System
- Experience writing command-line scripts and modules using Python
- Experience writing command-line scripts in Perl and Bash
- Experience using version control systems (such as Git or SVN)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with software automation and Jenkins build pipelines
- Experience with Cloud platform technologies such as AWS, Azure, and VMWare
- Experience with back end ETL server scripting
- Experience with writing SQL Queries
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with Ansible
Community / Marketing Title: Python Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX