Data Practice - Senior Consultant
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 210599
Data Practice – Senior Consultant
UK & Ireland Senior Consultants provide a wide variety of Teradata technical expertise and experience. Having a deep and demonstrable knowledge of the Teradata ecosystem, supporting technologies and/or services. The Senior Consultant will provide demonstrable skills in both a pre and post sales projects.
The role holder will have five to ten years of consulting experience in data related projects. They will have successfully carried out Lead roles within a number of engagements. They will be expected to engage with customer stakeholders and provide guidance in the areas of data management, data modelling, solution design, technical leadership and cloud architecture. Knowledge of services such as DataOps, DevOps and Cloud Migration as well as demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is expected to client facing and as such significant travel will be required.
- Experienced and rounded individual with demonstrable experience in a wide cross section of consulting craft.
- Provide specialist knowledge in two or more areas of expertise.
- Leading customer meetings and workshops
- Technical delivery leadership.
- Technical solution analysis and design.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Understand the client’s business goals, IT plans, architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and solution designs.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Ensure that all activities, inputs and designs are in accordance with Teradata best practice and standards. This includes ensuring that the logical modelling activity is consistent with the other project activities.
- Ability to identify and quantify system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Show business acumen regarding how resources are managed within budget and project schedule.
- Work with the Teradata project manager to define and size any impact assessments.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Act as a go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for advice guidance and direction.
- Communicate and enforce standards continual improvement of best practice.
- Keep the project manager well informed of status of development effort and serve as a liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Manage communication regarding solution design and approach with client technical stakeholders.
- Identifies areas for improvement in internal processes and implements solutions.
- Recognises functional/industry issues and develops project strategies.
- Participates in the development of practice methodologies and tools.
- Analyses the client’s business at an enterprise level.
- Has responsibility for development of project methodologies and tools.
- Takes a proactive role in securing new consulting engagements and managing day-to-day client relationships and results.
- Experience as either an Enterprise/Solution/Technical Architect, Technical Delivery Lead or Scrum Master
- Experience of the full lifecycle in a variety of software development methodologies.
- Experience from two or more industry verticals.
- Understanding/recognition of business drivers/goals underpinning warehouse implementations.
- Good communicator with both Business & Technology teams.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Mentoring skills.
- Full life-cycle experience of a variety of software development methodologies.
- Understanding of complex database concepts and effectively employ different database design techniques.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. An effective communicator, with an ability to provide solutions as well as being open minded to those of others.
- Ability to work effectively with associates at across all organisational levels and geographical locations.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Expert delivery of engaging, informative and well organised presentations.
- Evangelises adherence to practice/customer/project database standards for security, coding, templates, connectivity and source control.
- Able to identify and develop further consulting opportunities and communicate them to the account team.
- Challenges others to develop as consultants while serving as a role model.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Promotes the process of innovative change effectively.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilises each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding consulting delivery and development efforts.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster enduring ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative approaches and/or technical solutions.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Data Practice - Senior Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB