Technical Project Manager
Location: Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 210598
Technical Project Manager
Purpose of Job:
The role of the incumbent will be to assist Teradata CSS Geo leader and Service Experience Managers with all facets of project management and to assist with the development of Teradata Project Management capability in CSS.
Projects scope will be around both HW and SW infrastructure delivery and configuration changes, so strong technical background is needed.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
- Project management for HW equipment delivery or technological refresh.
- Project management for Cloud migration projects
- Project management for complex SW configuration changes.
- Prepare work schedules, including work breakdown structure for the contracted scope
- Assist with management of project budget control for assigned projects, including preparation of financial status reports
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure that milestones and performance indicators are met
- Ensure fluent communication with customers at technical service managers level, including kick off meeting, regular follow up calls / meetings, and post mortem report.
- Keep continuous interaction with service account managers together with the account executive to ensure alignment
- Engage and control participation of global internal teams as technical contributors in the projects.
- Adhering to appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and improvement of Teradata processes and quality of services
Education: Tertiary education in computer science or equivalent
Certification:PMP (if available / not stopper)
Experience: IT Project Management Experience, especially in technological infrastructure related projects as tech refresh, DB / OS upgrades, system migrations, cloud migrations etc.
- Five years hands-on project management experience with an external client facing project
- Experienced in people and client management
- Experienced in managing end to end IT Infrastructure projects
- Technological background on Linux, DB, HW, network & Cloud
- Ability to multi-task and have flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understanding of project lifecycle and methodology
- Clearly and effectively convey ideas, information and/or instructions to others in both written and verbal form
- Effective time-management
- Fluent in English, basic German know-how is an advantage
Other: Observe and practice the Teradata OH&S policy, guidelines and company policy and procedures.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ