Technical Project Manager
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 210598
Technical Project Manager
Purpose of Job:
The role of the incumbent will be to assist Teradata CSS Geo leader and Service Experience Managers with all facets of project management and to assist with the development of Teradata Project Management capability in CSS.
Projects scope will be around both HW and SW infrastructure delivery and configuration changes, so strong technical background is needed.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
- Project management for HW equipment delivery or technological refresh.
- Project management for Cloud migration projects
- Project management for complex SW configuration changes.
- Prepare work schedules, including work breakdown structure for the contracted scope
- Assist with management of project budget control for assigned projects, including preparation of financial status reports
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure that milestones and performance indicators are met
- Ensure fluent communication with customers at technical service managers level, including kick off meeting, regular follow up calls / meetings, and post mortem report.
- Keep continuous interaction with service account managers together with the account executive to ensure alignment
- Engage and control participation of global internal teams as technical contributors in the projects.
- Adhering to appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and improvement of Teradata processes and quality of services
Education: Tertiary education in computer science or equivalent
Certification:PMP (if available / not stopper)
Experience: IT Project Management Experience, especially in technological infrastructure related projects as tech refresh, DB / OS upgrades, system migrations, cloud migrations etc.
- Five years hands-on project management experience with an external client facing project
- Experienced in people and client management
- Experienced in managing end to end IT Infrastructure projects
- Technological background on Linux, DB, HW, network & Cloud
- Ability to multi-task and have flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understanding of project lifecycle and methodology
- Clearly and effectively convey ideas, information and/or instructions to others in both written and verbal form
- Effective time-management
- Fluent in English, basic German know-how is an advantage
Other: Observe and practice the Teradata OH&S policy, guidelines and company policy and procedures.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ