Senior Deal Manager
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 210578
Job Title: Senior Deal Manager
Location: London, Paris, Remote
Country: UK, France, EMEA
The Deal Manager supports key transactions at enterprise accounts from a business standpoint with an overall goal of optimizing deal structure to maximize revenue and profit. Teaming with the pricing manager and the account team, this position also provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management concerning the most appropriate purchasing structure for a customer transaction given the customer’s purchasing and budgeting requirements. The role will also require proactive engagement and ownership of leadership reviews. This may include an understanding of current customer agreements to develop a strategy with the account team to amend those agreements, when required, to support Teradata’s strategic objectives and maximize revenue and profit. Overall, on a day-to-day basis, working with the account teams, this individual is accountable for using general business skills and knowledge to assist the account team win business and drive profitable growth. This position will be customer facing when required. In addition, the Senior Deal Manager will play an active role in key projects both within EMEA and at a corporate level to ensure the requirements of the commercial teams are understood and built into the project outcomes. Close working relationships are required with Sales, Revenue Operations, Financial Planning, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Regional Deal Desk Director.
- Participate in account and opportunity planning sessions with sales teams to develop strategy on growing revenue and profit
- Project manage internal processes around a transaction from start to finish including project, renewal and consulting deals
- Coordinate across organizations to support deal transactions from a business perspective
- Utilize high business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Understand Teradata analytic technology to identify the customer value and competitive position that drives price and profit in opportunities for customers when using Teradata products and services
- Knowledge of accounting principles in order to understand customer purchasing impacts on Teradata’s offerings, including changes to revenue recognition and other accounting guidelines
- Creative thinker, able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness while protecting current and future price realization
- Understanding of the technology industry and price drivers
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement details
- Ability to communicate with and exert influence at all levels of the company to build consensus and drive positive outcomes
- Ability to work closely with account teams, and draw on other, often remote company resources
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues and offer advice and alternatives
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 7 years related work experience. Could be in a broad range of functions including but not limited to Sales, Finance, Legal/Contracts, M&A/Investment Banking, Procurement, or Consulting
- Deal management or pricing and negotiations experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience
- Established understanding of complex contracting terms and conditions
- Detail oriented and self-directed individual
- Knowledge of Software Information Technology industry
- Able to travel 15-30% of the time
- Sales-oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
- Experience in Data Analytics industry
- MBA preferred
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Deal Manager
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB