Renewals Account Manager
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 210548
RENEWAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
The Renewal Account Manager is responsible for driving the end-to-end renewal lifecycle for assigned customers. As part of Teradata’s Go-To-Market (GTM) organisation, this position will serve as the primary sales role responsible for renewing customers and will partner closely with the Account team to ensure effective account collaboration and cancels and erosions prevention.
The Renewal Account Manager will be responsible for managing a territory of customers to business objectives including recurring revenue retention and growth, on-time renewal execution, and outlook accuracy. The Renewal Account Manager will work with the account team on account planning to identify customer needs/risks and opportunities both in preparation for upcoming renewals as well as mid-term adjustments. The Renewal Account Manager is responsible for being the expert in Teradata’s renewal strategy and works directly with the customer to negotiate standard and custom renewals including negotiating terms, SLAs and penalties. The Renewal Account Manager will align the renewal strategy with the Account Executive to achieve optimal results.
A key responsibility of the Renewal Account Manager is completing and executing preventive actions on potential Cancellations and Erosions, leveraging early insights and collaborating with Customer Success Management, Services Delivery Management and Customer Services Management. The Renewal Account Manager will be responsible for the development, application and delivery of cancel and erosion save plans, with the aim to increase customer retention and revenue retention.
As an integrated member of the customer account team, this role is primarily responsible for retaining recurring revenue across Teradata’s business through exceptional renewal sales execution. This includes building and maintaining strong partnerships with both internal and customer stakeholders.
Renewal Scope Areas Include:
- Renewals includes any revenue in Teradata that has been previously sold and should be retained through repeat contracting on a scheduled basis.
- Turn-key Renewals: Renewal Account Manager will own the oversight of the renewal process, managing customer engagement supported by the process from the Renewal Specialist Team.
- Complex Renewals: Renewal Account Manager will own full lifecycle of the renewal, once the initial quote has been developed by the Renewal Specialist. Renewal Account Manager will refine, discuss, negotiate and close the renewal directly with the customer.
- Renewal Account Manager will own the full lifecycle of the renewal from quote to completion. Renewal Account Manager will refine, discuss, negotiate and close the renewal directly with the customer
- Third party contracts: Renewal Account Manager will own the full lifecycle of the renewal from quote to completion. Will refine, discuss, negotiate with 3rd party providers, internal Alliance Partner teams and close the renewal directly with the customer.
- Customer Presentations: Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and renewal strategy. Renewal Contract documentation: Be responsible for overseeing or/and preparation & development of renewal contract/SOW as necessary.
Account planning, selling and negotiating are core elements of success in this role. This role will focus on:
- Effective account planning and renewal preparation, leveraging the entire Teradata portfolio to protect and drive recurring revenue growth
- Renewing Teradata's recurring revenue footprint with existing customers with on-time accuracy and oversight of all contract lifecycle management activities
- Creation and execution of Cancel and Erosion save plans, with the aim to increase customer retention and revenue retention.
- Maintaining forecast accuracy and participating in Sales Outlook cadence calls
- Participate in quarterly services delivery and operational excellence reviews
It will be vital for the Renewal Account Manager to build relationships and drive collaboration with the Renewal Specialist, Account Executive, Customer Success Manager, Engagement Manager, and Service Experience Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Demonstrated sales success managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Renewals Account Manager
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU