Product Owner/Business Analyst - Services Technology and Programs
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210547
Teradata is building out a team of analytical, problem solving Product Owners with experience supporting enterprise Professional Services organizations. As a member of a high performing business operations team with specialty in business process design and overseeing the technology that supports the services organization. Day to day focus is on adoption of best practices, while being on the leading edge of business requirements for our Professional Services Automation (“PSA”) platform. This position will define and drive consistent business processes across all geographies and services fulfillment teams. We prefer this position to be located in San Diego, but are open to considering applicants from other locations virtual.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while maintaining focus on high impact projects aligned to a global strategy.
- Interact directly with field consulting, consulting leaders and other team members to capture feedback for technology and process improvements to drive adoption and deliver value.
- Develop and execute strategies unlocking the value of our investment in technologies serving our global consulting organization.
- Define, document and share best practices to ensure consulting processes and terminology are consistently understood and applied across the organization.
- Improve operational efficiencies through a combination of process and technology to drive consulting billability, productivity and process improvement and insight.
- Drive behaviors to maintain data integrity to ensure accurate insights, positively impacting consulting leadership’s ability to adjust strategy and tactics.
- Develop and analyze consulting metrics and KPI’s to measure performance aiding in important business decisions and identify areas of growth and those in need of improvement.
- Partner with Geographic Consulting Operations and IT to ensure that FinancialForce PSA and other tools are set up to effectively support TDC’s coverage models around the world.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Product, Marketing, Finance and Strategy and others to ensure alignment.
- Works closely with Consulting Enablement to identify training needs for leadership and account team members on technology, business practices and processes.
- Actively participate in roadmap identification and prioritization with Business and IT partners.
- Actively participate in evaluations, testing and training of all technologies serving our Consulting teams.
- 3-5 years experience in Professional Services and/or Finance Operations
- 2+ years prior experience with FinancialForce or similar PSA Platform
- Direct experience in managing and driving value from technologies like Salesforce.com a plus
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Must possess strong business acumen, analytical aptitude, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and project management capability
- Experience working and communicating with senior executives to solve complex business problems
- Technical proficiency to understand necessary system integrations from a data dependent process perspective
- Effective working knowledge of domestic and international business environment
- Ability to credibly and compellingly create, present and support recommendations with senior leadership
- Program Manage the Design, Requirements, Development, Implementation and support of consulting tools, associated operational processes and interfaces.
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics) a strong plus
- MBA, Graduate School degree or CPA a plus
- Salesforce/FinancialForce Certifications a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner/Business Analyst - Services Technology and Programs
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US