Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210544
Senior Information Security Analyst - Teradata is seeking a technical subject matter expert to work with a team charged with establishing our FedRAMP security posture. The ideal candidate will work with Security Engineering, Security Architecture, and Security Operations to identify security requirements, execute gap assessments, and document standard security procedures in accordance with FedRAMP requirements. You will collaborate across Teradata Global Security to implement FedRAMP security solutions, ensure continued compliance with established policies and procedures, audit, and continuous monitoring programs stemming from FedRAMP. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Security Operations.
Given the nature of work on initiatives for our federal contracts, US Citizenship is required. Position can be based in our San Diego Headquarters or Remote.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: As a FedRAMP Senior Information Security Analyst you’ll be responsible for explaining security control requirements to diverse audiences in a way that fosters understanding and ownership. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills to build support for new security control adoption and implementation among stakeholders throughout Teradata. Ensure compliance to guidance, standards, regulations, and policies related to Federal and FedRAMP requirements. You will work within a SOC environment supporting operational commitments to responding, analyzing, and triaging security events. Work with security vendors (i.e. SIEM partner) by applying expertise in log tuning to ensure proper coverage, respond to security events of interest, as well as provide technical support during security incidents.
Support efforts to conduct assessments of information security controls in order to measure their effectiveness and identify gaps using the NIST Risk Management Framework. Develop, document, and implement FedRAMP compliant workflows. Collaborate across teams to support efforts to develop and maintain FedRAMP compliance.
Assess security solutions and provide recommendations for improvements to current security posture. Experience demonstrating strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills leveraging SIEM technologies. Previous experience with NIST standards a plus.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information/Cyber Security field from an accredited college or university. 5+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- BS degree in related field preferred OR equivalent experience/certification acceptable
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, GCIH, or GSEC preferred
- Firm understanding of networking concepts (OSI model)
- Experience in:
- Supporting Federal information systems/applications
- Security and risk management frameworks (NIST RMF, NIST CSF, CIS CSS, etc)
- Assessment and Authorization processes
- ATO packages
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Direct hands-on expertise with at least one of the following areas of information security
- Threat intelligence/threat hunting
- Security analytics
- Network security, network access control, network monitoring tools
- Vulnerability identification, anti-virus, malware detection/analysis
- Development and/or scripting capabilities in common languages (e.g. Python, Powershell, Java, etc.)
- DLP, encryption, email security, HIDS/NIDS
- Develop, maintain, and report on security operations metrics
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most efficient manner
- Participate in the evaluation in new security technologies and/or tools that impact security operations
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Information Security Analyst
Job Category: Security
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US