Director – Procurement Center of Excellence
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 210533
Director – Procurement Center of Excellence
Location - United States (Virtual)
Indirect Procurement at Teradata is changing for the better. We are maturing our organization from a reactive, transactional organization to become a proactive, strategic, world class, value adding business partner. Service redesign, digital enablement, and end-to-end process transformation are only a few of the new objectives of the Sourcing and Procurement Organization.
You will report to the Senior Director / Head of Procurement. Your mission will be to co-design, and implement a center-led, global operating model to enable Procurement to deliver on savings, cash management, and user experience commitments with scale and agility. You will drive efficiencies and influence business decisions based on your innovator level experience and ability to synthesize internal and external data into relevant insights.
The Director of Procurement Center of Excellence, will codesign and operationalize the systems and programs that will accelerate Teradata’s Procurement transformation to a world class function. The Director will support the Head of Procurement and will work with multiple stakeholders at all levels across Teradata to ensure alignment on business architecture, process, and systems to drive enhanced capabilities, efficiencies and a more seamless user experience.
The Center of Excellence will enable and ensure a consistent approach across the entire Procurement organization through deep data insights, simple and scalable processes and technology. COEs represent a maturing model designed to promote greater collaboration and implementation of best practices leading to better results. This position will lead activities such as goal and project plan alignment efforts, driving organizational readiness, change readiness and impact assessment, stakeholder and employee engagement, organizational performance analysis, and communication programs. This position will also be responsible for working closely with cross-functional stakeholders globally.
What You’ll Do
Objectives of the COE include:
- Lead Initiatives at the Procurement Org level to optimize processes, tools, and systems
- Responsible for continuous improvements to performance metrics, programs/processes, systems, and innovations to achieve higher levels of business impact.
- Create a framework for Procurement functions to both monitor and manage performance of new systems and monitor opportunities for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the Head of Procurement on the design and development of a global business management system covering policy, strategy, process, programs, systems, and metrics to ensure that Procurement meets its strategic commitments to the company.
- Implement and Operate a comprehensive Business Management System
- Liaise with Teradata senior leaders, technology and business owners, architects and data scientists to leverage Teradata Transcend providing critical insights to Category Managers, Stakeholders, and Suppliers.
- Engage as a key business stakeholder representing Procurement in technical design and implementation of key design decisions for transformational solutions including (but not limited to); ERP+, Contract Management/CLM, vendor management systems, risk assessment/mitigation solutions.
- Establish best practices backed up by industry research and identify areas of training and support for key stakeholders and business functions.
- Utilize a broad perspective to view alternative solutions to address complex needs
- Represent Procurement on steering committees and leadership teams to ensure alignment and advance initiatives.
- Support the development of strategic data sources of truth to enable new systems and analytics
- Identify cross-workstream dependencies, potential risks and mitigation strategies
- Support the Head of Procurement in
- Designing and implementing world class processes, policies, and performance monitoring
- Establishment of Procurement best-in-class solutions and services with the right balance of cost control, risk mitigation and speed
- Alignment with other key business stakeholders for common objectives and goals
- Development and delivery of a proactive change management strategy
- Recognized expert in Design, Implementation, and operation of Procurement Business Management Systems
- Recognized expert in leading edge procurement capabilities, processes, and tools
- Successful track record of turning innovation into sustainable business results
- Demonstrated experience in providing thought leadership and influence of business strategy at the C-level with internal, business and vendor stakeholders
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of leading a Procurement Organization, including successful experience leading an end to end transformation effort
- Expert knowledge of Business Architecture and Cross functional knowledge of related business processes (Information Technology, Accounts Payable, Finance and Business Functions).
- Expert in solving complex business problems impacting the entire enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Business Management. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, interactive listening, and thoughtful interpretation to formulate potential outcomes and communicate complex concepts.
- Exceptional track record of applying procurement principles, concepts, best practices, and standards along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices required.
- A track record of success leading and participating in cross functional re-engineering or process improvement efforts; including experience creating process diagrams, analyzing workflows, developing standard operating procedures, and reengineering business processes.
- Superior communication, presentation and change leadership & management skills required.
- Experience managing people within a remote working environment and demonstrated ability to leverage technology and influence appropriately in a remote or globalized working environment.
- Experience working on a global scale with a variety of cultures as well as coordination with global legal entities, regional financial controls and government regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience implementing/enhancing procurement software solutions, approval workflows, purchasing policy development and contracts.
- Passion for excellence in Procurement
- This is an Individual Contributor Role
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director – Procurement Center of Excellence
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US