Staff Content Developer / Lead Technical Writer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210526
Staff Content Developer / Lead Technical Writer
Location: Santa Clara, CA / San Diego, CA / Raleigh, NC / El Segundo, CA
What’s the opportunity?
We are welcoming a Staff Content Developer / Lead Technical Writer to our team of skilled technical communicators and content operation experts.
As a lead technical writer at Teradata, you play an important role in the overall user experience by creating crisp and engaging content to help our half a million users efficiently perform their job. Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, you put the content users seek right at their fingertips. You help connect dots and shape the end-to-end experience for our users.
- Produce top-notch technical content for our users, including Database Administrators, Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and Developers, guiding them seamlessly through our solutions.
- Author web-based user guides, in-product content, persona-based content, reference content, use case solutions, and more.
- Gain empathy for your audience by understanding the user environment to provide content that simplifies and improves the user experience.
- Advocate for the end user and collaborate closely with product management, UX, engineering, support, and other content-producing organizations.
- Contribute to evolving our best practices, identify opportunities to improve our content, and make our processes more efficient.
- Leverage your content management expertise to ensure our content is created, published, and maintained efficiently.
- Manage projects in collaboration with geographically disperse team members to drive delivery of end user content for strategic initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least eight years of relevant experience.
- Current experience developing content for enterprise level products, including at least three years of project or other leadership responsibilities.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and transform technical concepts and procedures into relevant content for the intended user audience.
- Experience documenting Cloud Native solutions. Ability to grasp advanced concepts at solution-level as well as technical details.
- Experience using DITA XML and a content management system (CCMS). We author using Ixiasoft CCMS and oXygen editor.
- Exceptional organizational skills and determination to find information, then decide the best way to deliver it to the user.
- Curiosity, desire, and skills to excel within different areas of content production. You enjoy learning about new technologies, trends, and concepts as they come along.
- Solution-oriented approach to problem solving. You are open-minded with strong interpersonal skills.
- Simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative. You can take an assignment and run with it.
- Product knowledge: Analytics or database software and applications
- Technical knowledge: Python, R, APIs, and Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Developing and publishing web HTML content, following SEO best practices
- Developing documentation in an agile environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Content Developer / Lead Technical Writer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US