Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210518
Quality Engineer (Hyderabad, India)
Quality Engineering in Advanced Analytics Team
We are a market leader and innovator in advanced analytics and the management of a variety of unstructured and semi-structured data.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the Teradata R&D team in India is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack working on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, Advanced Analytics in the database platform, cloud offerings for the database core and performance engineering.
We help bring analytic insights to enterprises by exploiting the massively-parallel, linearly-scalable enterprise class Teradata data warehouse and developing advance analytics inside the database.
Teradata was rated as the Top 20 Enterprise companies in India in 2015; and has been rated as top 50 companies by Forbes in US as measured by their innovation, success in serving investors, customers, employees, and the world at large. Employees laud Teradata's friendly and helpful teammates, excellent work-life balance, and professional growth opportunities.
Looking for a start-up feel with the comforts of a world leader? Join us!
We're located in Hyderabad.
Teradata Hyderabad is seeking a Quality Engineer to join its Advanced Analytics team to make sure the analytic functions that are developed by the team are of highest quality. You will have an opportunity to work on the advanced analytic algorithms being implemented in the Teradata database and ensure that they are feature complete and pass the scalability / performance standards.
Job responsibilities include
- Feature testing of complex analytic functions - which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases.
- Test the functions for their scalability and performance.
- Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- B Tech / M Tech in Computer Science / IT / Statistics / Mathematics
- At least 2 years of experience using or testing databases (basic SQL.)
- At least 2 years of programming experience in Python / shell scripting for automation.
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Working experience on Linux environments.
- Prior testing experience.
- Passion for QA and knack for identifying tests that break code.
Required Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams.
- Prior experience with Teradata database.
- Working knowledge of Agile development practices and working in scrum teams.
- Experience using test frameworks.
- Strong grasp of operating systems concepts including filesystems, networks, and memory management.
Work Environment & Scope:
- This position is located in Hyderabad, India.
- Individual contributor reporting to an engineering manager.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN