Sr. Staff Product Manager: Data Labs
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 210517
Sr Staff Technical Product Manager: Data Labs
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Job Category: Product Management
Success in today’s competitive marketplace requires the agility to quickly test theories and new ideas that drive innovation, exploit market opportunities and react to competitive pressures. To address the need for faster, safer, and more flexible self-service BI and analytics capabilities, Teradata has introduced Teradata® Data Lab. It provides IT professionals and business analysts the on-demand database space and system resources required for short-term projects, such as ad-hoc analysis, data mining, proof-of-concept, application evaluation, and quality assurance testing. It also can enable the quick assimilation of untested and uncleansed data into a separate non-production portion of the data warehouse, where it can be analyzed along with insight-rich enterprise data.
The result is an environment that allows your business to maximize hardware, software and human resources; streamline your processes; and deliver fast and accurate answers while controlling the costs and other issues that stem from data mart proliferation.
Teradata Data Lab gives users the power and freedom to explore and examine combinations of new and existing data that can pinpoint new trends, uncover insights, and address pressing business issues. Turning a scarcity of analytics into an abundance of options and opportunities. Rapid exploration and development environment with self-service analytics, provisioning and management. Eliminate shadow IT and the costs of personal external data marts, while speeding time-to-value with fast, simple processes.
About the Position: Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager: Data Labs
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to lead a cohesive effort in building Teradata Data Labs. As a Senior Technical Product Manager for Data Labs, you will be responsible for defining, planning and executing Teradata Data Labs vision and strategy for Business and IT Users. You will drive product development, expanding solution capabilities by understanding firsthand customer insights and translating business needs to engineer for development. We need you, as the candidate, to understand complex technical and analytical market needs and then translate these needs for consumption by a variety of teams using an Agile framework.
This Sr. Technical Product Manager position is for a well-rounded candidate with relevant experience in technical software product ownership/management (or equivalent experience), analytics, agile development, accompanied and awareness of business proficiencies like competitive analysis, pricing, and licensing.
- Define and refine product and solution vision and manage the product backlog accordingly
- Engage in the development of use cases, journey maps, user requirements and business plan for an offering or a solution
- Validate directions with internal stakeholders and external end user customers
- Declare, Deliver and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine product vision and prepare for execution to impact and influence business results
- Understands User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and Tests
- Follow the software development lifecycle from inception throughout design, engineering, testing and deployment
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers to deliver coherent and intuitive interfaces
- Competitive review and understanding of market and technology trends in data lifecycle management
- Understands & Elaborates EPICs, User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria & Tests
- Converts Roadmap Initiatives (Epics) into consumable User Stories, with well-defined Requirements and Acceptance Criteria, and actively manages the resulting Product Backlog
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- 5+ years of Product Owner/Management (or equivalent) experience in a software technology business
- Experience in Self-Service Analytics, ETL, exploratory data analytics and rapid prototyping
- Knime, Jupyter, Python and R integrations to provide Labs (Strong Management + Data Marts & Tenants) with a “face” and an operational surface for analytics.
- Delivery of these and other elements in VMware’s K8s distribution (called Tanzu)
- Experience working and leading scrum teams in an agile product development environment
- Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a user centered perspective.
- Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- Track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Data Science background:
- Enterprise Application Development AI & ML experience
- Data prep for analytics using modern tool like Precog, Apache HOP, Toca, etc.
- Data Lifecycle management to version data, etc.
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and an excellent market understanding
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Experience with partner engagement and enablement (SI, VAR, ISV)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Staff Product Manager: Data Labs
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN