Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210514
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies excite you? Would you like to work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions? Then, Teradata has your next career opportunity.
- You must be able to design, develop and document software by leveraging agile and CI/CD methodologies.
- Understand the existing code base and provide post production support.
- You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional API’s.
- You have experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Mesos.
- You have deep knowledge of containerization technologies, specifically Docker.
- You are knowledgeable with open-source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
- You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- Must have experience programming in Java and/or Golang
- Must have experience with containerization technology such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience with server-side and web-based development
- Must have strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MySQL etc
- Familiarity with Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP. Private Cloud – VMWare
- Familiarity with Spring and Hibernate
- Building and leveraging CI/CD pipelines
- Build tools – Gradle, Maven, make
- Configuration management software experience a plus - Helm, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Master’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 3 to 6 years of experience or Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 5 to 8 years of experience.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN