Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210503
Purpose of the Role
This role is a key member of the Americas HR Partner team, responsible for supporting Teradata’s businesses within the Americas geography, working in collaboration with the Global HR Partner team and HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) to enable the people strategies to drive business outcomes. Reporting to the Americas region lead, you will be on the front line of partnering with leaders and employees driving processes that optimize the company’s investment - our people, while ensuring alignment and support of our corporate culture and business initiatives. In this role you will deliver and drive full spectrum human resources activities that will strengthen culture, improve operations, performance and enhance engagement within the region.
- Support multiple lines of business in providing a full spectrum of human resources activities
- Provide high-touch, results-oriented interactions with employees and managers
- Provide coaching and development to fuel performance and careers
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization
- Address challenging situations, ability to de-escalate situations and remain calm under pressure
- Have high standards for individual contributions and business outcomes
- Employee lifecycle management including
- New employee onboarding/orientation
- Employee performance (investigations, employee relations, coaching, performance improvement plans)
- Rewards and recognition
- Exit interview analysis
- Participate in and help drive HR transformation and value delivery
- Participate on a global team as a process owner for the Americas region - provide regional perspective and insight in developing, designing / implementing new policies and practices within the region
- Support center of excellence program roll out within the region (talent management, total rewards, benefits, talent acquisition and workforce analytics)
- Facilitate manager and employee training
- Execute large scale change efforts (company reorganization, realignment, reductions in force, etc.)
- Understand labor laws, legislations, employment practices and policies and ensure compliance within the region
- Comfortable with and able to effectively analyze and use data to inform and measure outcomes
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years related HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or relevant field
- Strong and broad HR knowledge including, employee relations, total rewards, talent acquisition, talent management etc.
- Strong project management skills, project delivery and change enablement skills.
- Experience deploying multiple programs across multiple lines of business, preferably in a highly matrixed origination
- Proven execution skills – possessing initiative and capability to drive programs and project to completion
- Strong attention to detail and bias for action
- Strong regional (US) compliance experience; understanding of labor laws, employment practices and policies
- Proven success in managing multiple priorities with the ability to pivot quickly
- Strong execution - overcomes setbacks and drives outcomes
- Strong communications skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to work through challenging conversations, coaching managers or employees and able to make tough but fair decisions
- Knowledge of Workday and ServiceNow HR pro a plus
- Prior experience with companies and HR teams going through transformation initiatives a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: HR Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US