Consulting & Services Sales Manager (Individual Contributor Role)
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires AR
Requisition Number: 210493
CONSULTING & SERVICES SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
The Account Partner is responsible for driving awareness, consumption and profitability of our service offerings. As part of our Services organization, this position will serve as the maximum reference in the positioning of our “Professional Services” portfolio, as well as in the “Evolutionary Maintenance” for optimization solutions and management of the Teradata platform, requiring a close Relationship with business colleagues to ensure field involvement and business success
You will be responsible for a territory based on business objectives defined, and you will work with a multidisciplinary account team focusing on account planning to identify customer needs and business opportunities
He will be considered the maximum reference/ point of contact in service solutions and will work directly with the client to develop and position winning proposals. Your role will require you to define the scope, develop the proposal, negotiate the terms and conditions, define the SLAs and sanctions, as well as achieve the quotes and maintain the margin objectives in each proposal to ensure the company's target.
As an integrated member of the sales team (s), this role is primarily responsible for driving the growth of all services provided by Teradata, focusing on detecting new opportunities and creating a strong pipeline, working closely with the customer and participating in all stages of the sales cycle, from the planning of accounts, the identification and qualification of an opportunity, its development in conjunction with the internal consulting team, its positioning in front of the client, the negotiation and closing of the services agreed with the clients.
By doing this, this function will focus on:
- Effectively advise and influence clients through consultative sales techniques
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients aligning them to business objectives, ensuring common understanding of the scope of work and competitive positioning
- Leverage industry knowledge and contacts to build high-level relationships with executives by opening new business opportunities.
- Promote and guarantee during the development of territory strategies or accounts that the offers allow the maximum realization of the commercial value, promote customer satisfaction, consumption and growth through service solutions.
- Develop strong partnerships as a member of client account teams to qualify opportunities and position services based on the client's current business objectives and long-term needs. This includes:
o Development of solutions for the complete analytical environment of the client, including third-party solutions for BI / DI / Open Source
o Applications both on-premise and in the cloud
o Platform maintenance and implementation services
o End-to-end production management, including SLA management
o Maintenance of Teradata applications
- Work integrated with team members, including after-sales delivery professionals, technical pre-sales and administration professionals to always define the solution that meets the client's needs and is in line with business objectives
- Work with Partners collaborating closely in the positioning of their solutions that generate Teradata consumption as well as in the provision of QA and implementation services.
- Work with executive program managers and project managers to provide scoping, planning, costing and pricing of consulting service engagements within the overall consulting portfolio for your account, along with the director / services manager.
- Work with Global Development Centers to appropriately engage pre-sale resources where appropriate.
- Work together with practice leaders, reviewing team skills and capabilities. Provide coaching and recommend training plans.
- Manage and own the development of proposals for Consulting Services and related Statements of Work (SOW), manage the P&L, lead the offer review process and keep the client's account plan updated
- Expand services on existing accounts to drive further growth.
- Position an integrated service portfolio with new clients who may no longer be service consumers (new or existing clients)
- Leverage the entire ecosystem during planning and renovation discussions for evolving maintenance services.
- Ensure that revenue and margin growth targets are met. Accompany the Booking / ARR Forecast processes, resources and perspectives for assigned territories or accounts.
- Leading within their territory the expansion of knowledge of TD solutions and sharing their know-how with the account team.
- Promote the reuse of each initiative, opportunity or solution addressed to replicate it in other accounts in its territory as well as in other territories.
- Experience in positioning and articulating the value of Professional Solutions and Services in clients.
- Recognized and consolidated experience within the data domain (Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustworthy working relationships with clients, and understand their strategy business and priorities.
- Experience with different approaches for the implementation of Data & Analytics solutions, including Program and Project Management, incorporating Agile and Waterfall development practices.
- Exceptional consulting skills to communicate, influence others, negotiation skills, operational decision making, problem solving, meeting facilitation and management, and questioning and probing.
- Knowledge of a particular industry will be valued. Industry knowledge refers to one's ability to understand current business problems faced by customers in the industry, stay on top of industry trends, predict / forecast potential business problems, and be able to articulate how Teradata's solution can help the customer.
- +3 experience in selling software / applications / services.
- Highly trained in organizational policy, value proposition development, solution sales, customer focus, sales / persuasion skills, and business needs analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of ITIL and Devops methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale database technologies (eg Netezza, Oracle, Exadata, Teradata, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale BI technologies and open sources.
- Experience with support, managed services, and transaction services including installation, contract and project management, data migration, backup and recovery, business continuity, and software implementation
- Enthusiastic and energetic presence, but also calm, confident and very professional.
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to grasp new technologies and quickly assess situations.
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata values.
- Advanced level of English and fluent Spanish. Desired Portuguese.
City: Buenos Aires
State: Buenos Aires
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting & Services Sales Manager (Individual Contributor Role)
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires AR