Staff Product Manager: Cloud Strategy Operations
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210482
Cloud Strategy and Operations Product Manager
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The Vantage Cloud Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for Teradata offerings in public cloud, (AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud), cloud database, and advanced analytic engines. We work cross-functionally across most parts of the business to deliver outcomes that matter for our customers, our company, and our team. We work as a team and are outcome driven. Teradata is seeking a passionate, motivated and experienced product manager to join the Cloud Strategy and Operations team. You will be part of the team responsible for shaping the strategy of Teradata’s Cloud business.
In this role, you'll participate in developing our cloud business growth strategy using action oriented data driven decision-making processes. We’ll be posing the question(s), finding the data, and doing the analysis to create growth initiatives that lead to measured business outcomes.
The role necessitates a candidate with strong analytical skills using data driven approach(es) and a passion for driving business results. This role will include significant interaction with our customers, finance, cloud operations, go to market sales, marketing, and cross-functional product teams. These supporting activities will be essential to the execution of the job role.
- Conduct data analysis and telemetry collection to support product requirements
- Build relevant dashboards to support quarterly business reviews to analyze the health of the business
- Perform Total Available Market (TAM) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM) assessments
- Conduct market research to identify service/product gaps, market trends/patterns, and articulate market opportunities
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to become knowledgeable about customer usage habits and needs/requirements
- Support the outcomes with relevant market data
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Assist in the product life cycle management
The dynamic nature of our high growth business means that the successful candidate loves the challenge of constant change and easily adapts to shifting business priorities.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as a product manager in a high growth industry
- Technical or business undergraduate degree
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levels
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects to deliverables
- Experienced with presenting to diverse audiences
- Advanced MS Excel & PowerPoint Skills
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Technical Undergraduate Degree
- Previous work experience in Engineering or Product Management
- Knowledgeable about Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and product best practices
- Understanding of market research methodologies
- Desire to learn and grow in a technical product management business career
- Experience with a data visualization tool(s) like PowerBI / Tableau
- PowerPoint and Excel Power User
- Comfortable analyzing data and presenting to executive(s) stakeholders
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Product Manager: Cloud Strategy Operations
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN