Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 210468
Job Title: Software Developer
Experience - 8+ yrs
We’re hiring a Software developer with experience in Managed Services organizations. You main responsibilities include Software development, Maintenance, Support and Quality Assurance. We are looking for a candidate to join our fast paced and cutting-edge development organization that is on the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of Service Engineering/ DevOps tools/Automation of large-scale enterprise systems on both on-premise and cloud
- Experience using scripting languages to create end to end solutions
- Should have strong coding skills in Python
- Create and maintain system design and operations documentation
- Have strong proficiency in at least one of the major public cloud environments (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Provide software coding and customization on ServiceNow including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, scripting, third party software integrations, and custom application development
- Should have a willingness to learn new technologies and tools with a quick ramp up time
- Should have very good problem-solving skills
- Should be able to operate in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, challenging environment and code with a focus on automation and RAS concepts
- Results oriented working within a collaborative team
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Service Engineering/Administration of multiple tools and services
- Design and develop as a service models on top of existing tools
- Collaborate with 3rd party Vendors for additional features/licensing
- Identify areas for automation and drive end to end implementation
- Document the design proposals using flow charts, layouts, diagrams, charts, etc.
- Deliberate on the proposed solutions and implement the best possible one by adhering to coding standards and best practices
- Deploy the solution based on the target system specifications
- Monitor the tools utilization and optimize to drive efficiencies
- Maintain an up to date ITIL and other relevant certifications
- Working knowledge in ServiceNow Midservers, Thycotic Secret Server.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in an IT related role
- 8+ years of experience in Linux OS and Network dependencies
- 5+ hands-on Experience with Support and Connectivity tools
Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow Midserver or Comparable technology
- 2+ years of experience with Thycotic distributed agent or Comparable technology
- 5+ years of experience with Lean, Agile, and Scrum methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in an ITOM and AIOps role working with ServiceNow Operational Intelligence
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow Events Management Module
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Reporting and Dashboarding
Community / Marketing Title: Developer (Automation)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK