Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 210464
This role is responsible for transforming business information into logical data models and managing the enterprise data model. The candidate should be proficient in industry standard techniques for process modeling and data modeling also have skills of designing and instantiation of the physical data model based on the logical data model. The candidate must be proficient in 3rd normal form relational modeling as well as dimensional modeling. Experience with alternate modeling techniques such as Data Vault, and key modeling as it relates to Big Data would be a strong added value. This candidate must be experienced in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills.
- Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form.
- Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of Integration Definition (IDEF) or equivalent methodology.
- Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
- Work with all related consultants to design and document semantic models.
- Work with consultants to translate LDMs and Semantic Models into their physical representations.
- Enhance new and existing logical models with entities to represent client specific key models
- Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to Teradata and Hadoop physical models.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- Evaluate access paths for data which spans multiple deployed technologies; provide recommendations for optimizations in accessing these heterogeneous relationships.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems
- Data Warehouse modeling experience of at least 3-4 years
- In depth knowledge of business processes and business information models.
- In depth knowledge of data modeling methodologies and techniques.
- In depth knowledge of the ERwin and/or Embarcadero data modeling tool.
- Understanding of one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Manufacturing, Financial etc.
- In depth knowledge of facilitation and conflict resolution processes.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
- Experience on Teradata logical data models specially in financial domain will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Teradata Reference Information Architecture and the Unified Data Architecture would be an advantage
- Prior experience with Teradata data models will be a big advantage
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeller
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK