Location: Antony, Ile-de-France FR
Requisition Number: 210462
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
The Engagement Manager will lead the Consulting Delivery engagement(s) for a specific customer(s) and/or for a territory. He/she leads, manages, and supports the execution and delivery of client solutions from a Teradata Consulting Services perspective and ensures the quality of the delivered services. The Engagement Manager develops the customers Teradata Consulting services capabilities in terms of demand creation, service delivery and project management.
The Engagement Manager will support the Account Team(s) in the business development and growth of both solution revenue and Teradata Consulting services revenue and ARR growth. The Engagement Manager will be responsible for the revenue, margin targets and pre-sales for the Consulting Delivery for the specific territory.
The Engagement Manager will furthermore be capable of personally program managing a large customer delivery program while maintaining the overall Teradata Consulting services business responsibility. A delivery program will include multiple parallel projects and sub-projects, and the Engagement Manager will lead a project management team that plan, direct, and monitor the portfolio of projects to ensure successful incremental delivery of Data Analytic Solutions.
Within this responsibility lies Teradata Consulting services business development and P&L responsibility. Key responsibility areas include:
- Proposal creation including P&L, Statement of Work and resource planning. Supporting the Account Team in selling services.
- Provide guidance on the scoping, planning, cost estimating and pricing of consulting projects. Review statement of work and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining services and deliverables, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and client’s responsibilities.
- Ensure that Teradata knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged
- Review weekly project reports with particular emphasis on any HIP and red or amber engagements.
- Review project financials comparing budget, actual and estimate and completion figures.
- Lead and support the Teradata Consulting engagement for the customer(s), facilitating continuous growth and profitability.
- Accountable for service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Develop and execute the Teradata strategy and engagement account plan.
- Maintain the appropriate balance of resources (staff, consultant, senior, off-shore) that allows for the appropriate cost model, staffing, utilization and billing of resources.
- Provide sales support as a subject matter expert to solution leadership as it relates to Teradata Consulting Services.
- Support and drive the Teradata Cloud-First -strategy by aligning on all actions towards as feasible
Program Management for a customer delivery program
Within this responsibility lies the orchestration of a large customer delivery program (Agile and Traditional Waterfall), supported by a team of Project Managers, Architects, Industry Consultants, and delivery consultants. Key responsibility areas include:
- Planning, implementing and controlling complex data analytic solution projects, using Teradata's advocated methodologies
- Drive translation of business requirements into delivery project proposals; prepare project contracts (work agreements / statement of work); manage bid review process; and support contract negotiations. This includes requirements identification and clarification, project goals and objective definition, scoping, activity planning, staff planning, estimation, risk assessment, project budgeting, etc.
- Drive and support co-operation and business development with partners
- Management of staffing plans, organization of project teams and supervision of team member performance, including employees, contractors, offshore teams and sub-project managers. Support and motivate the project team throughout the project
- Employ program management methodologies for tracking and reporting for multiple projects, and maintain and communicate project status and progress to stakeholders on regular basis
- Management of customer expectations in line with the contract
- Establishment quality assurance procedures and secure timely customer acceptance of deliverables
- Management of the project budget and schedule to achieve the defined financial objectives, including time reporting and invoicing
- Manage change requests, including their development, negotiation and implementation within the project scope
- Contribute to account planning and development as member of the Teradata’s account team for the customer, and support opportunity identification and customer relationship building
This position implies frequent interactions with the customers, working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office & customer site. Local travel up to 40% is expected.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Fluent in French and English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a successful consultant services business with P&L responsibility
- Excellent understanding and delivering data analytic solutions and experience in resource/practice management
- Customer orientation — Able to maintain ongoing relationships with clients to support a strong relationship, mutual understanding, and meeting of their needs and repeat business
- Ability to think strategically, and to transform strategy into results. Assumes personal responsibility for achieving business results.
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively represent yourself and Teradata
- Team player – ability to work with multi-disciplined teams and work with many parts of the Teradata organization
- Minimum of ten years as an internal or external consultant with broad data analytic solutions (Data Warehousing, BI, Data Science, AI, Machine Learning) exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success
- Strategic and visionary thinking for business management and development.
Community / Marketing Title: Engagement Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR