Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 210423
This role is for a Planning Analyst supporting one of Teradata’s Industry Vertical Geo's within the Americas Sales organization. The Analyst is responsible for revenue recognition, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual plan development, management review support, and ad hoc financial planning and analysis activities. On a day-to-day basis, this position is key in providing information, analyses and recommendations that allow the Industry Vertical Go-To-Market teams (Sales and Service) to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, while growing revenue and improving profitability. We are considering both Atlanta and San Diego, CA as locations.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data, and perform transactional accounting as required.
- Exceptional understanding of revenue recognition policy and ability to apply to multiple element transactions
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with sales and sales management
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- Ability to utilize information technology to meet team and customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 6 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification and work experience
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, GAAP, and software revenue recognition SOP 97-2
- Experience in financial reporting and/or accounting functions
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion
- Experience with CRM and Revenue Recognition software a plus
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US