Systems Automation and Process Management
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210414
Role : Systems Automation and Process Management
Location : Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore
We’re building a team of automation experts with data, Linux, and network automation and management experience. This team’s role will be a blend of customer-facing (internal and external) activities and will be responsible for trouble shooting, monitoring, maintaining, and assisting with developing key automation needed to meet customer telemetry data collection. The consultants will be responsible for contacting and assisting with proper trouble shooting, installation, configuration, connecting, and improving ongoing maintenance of Linux-based data extraction telemetry agents and applications. The consultants will be called upon to assist with Linux administrative tasks, Teradata specific tools and technologies related to data collection agents, automation tools, and other applications as needed to play an active role in resolve issues and improving automation processes.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure Teradata and other telemetry application software is properly installed and configured on Teradata (SLES) and customer Linux based servers, ensure systems are properly secured in terms of customer, corporate, and automated application requirements
- Mentor customers in understand and answering questions related to data telemetry systems, their setup, and installation
- Act as system maintenance, troubleshooting, and issue resolution champion to ensure telemetry data is captured and transmitted
- Demonstrate mastery over related server-side issues, telemetry agent automation, related data and system metrics, logs, reports, etc.
- Work with development teams to develop, improve, and automate back-end database and Linux scripting for specific data capture agents, applications and use cases
- Take ownership and manage code change deployment with respect to code changes deployments and updates to customer production environments
- Assist with system backups according to customer, company, or industry standards on agreed upon schedules and business needs
- Monitor and analyze data collection and telemetry application performance metrics to prevent telemetry failures and ensure maximum availability
- Take responsibility to resolve customer or end-user identified issues
- Works closely with Product Engineering to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server-side performance
- Support users by assisting with deployment activities to include installation and maintenance of varied Linux-based applications and troubleshoot applications on existing servers
Technical Skills Required
- Database and data management scripting Bash, PowerShell, Unix CLI, Python, XML, and JSON
- Strong Linux or UNIX server configuration, deployment, package installation, maintenance, and general admin tasks (SUSE and SLES OS are preferred)
- Troubleshooting experience and exceptional critical thinking/problem-solving required
- Best Practices for ITS and ITIL knowledge (DevOps experience preferred)
- Fundamental knowledge around data management, networking, performance analysis, and application development
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Strong English Communication (Verbal & Written)
- USA B1/B2 Visa
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Linux development environment (systems administration a plus)
- 2+ years’ experience with SLES/SUSE Linux required
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 preferred
- Previous experience with switches and routers preferred
- SUSE Certified Linux Professional (CLP) certification a plus
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Automation and Process Management
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN