Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210391
Software Engineer – Analytic Languages & Cloud Services
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform languages across the Teradata Vantage platform (a critical Teradata strategic component).
- Collaborate well within a tight-knit team to produce world-class enterprise-grade software.
- Deliver quality Python/R/Java software solutions that meet performance, durability, cost, and security benchmarks.
- Show strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional API’s.
- Write high quality distributed & cloud system software.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, working on rapidly evolving business needs & delivering quality solutions on on-time.
- Investigate and explore creative ways to address the challenges in the project.
In this role you will be working on critical and highly visible functionality withing Teradata Vantage platform.
- 2+ years industry experience in software development and operating scalable software systems.
- Experience with Python, R, Go, Java or other object-oriented languages - preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including internals or equivalent lower-level implementation.
- Strong data structures and algorithms fundamentals
- Experience writing unit and system level tests.
- Must have experience with containerization technology such as Docker.
- Experience with server-side and front-end development.
- Experience in group software development and routine use of version control tools required, specifically Git.
- Must have strong debugging skills.
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Familiarity with DataIQ, KNIME is a plus.
- Familiarity with RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Familiarity with Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP and/or Private Cloud – VMWare is a plus.
- Experience with Python or R based open-source analytics packages is a big plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, docker containers and experience programming languages such as Go.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value.
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts & SQL.
- Knowledgeable with open-source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN