Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210336
This role will lead the design of cutting edge, scalable, and high performing security services that ensure both our internal and external customers are appropriately protected. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about security, automation, and love the challenge of working in a highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid cloud environment.
- Engineering and deploying security services and software in large hybrid cloud environments
- Development of next generation security designs ensuring resilient services deployed on Teradata’s private and public cloud workloads (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Operationalizing security infrastructure to provide protection, visibility, and security monitoring
- Partnering with product management, engineering, and operational teams to develop best of breed security architectures supporting compliance (e.g., PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA), customer requirements, and operational SLAs
- Provide practical guidance to engineering teams to support the implementation of security controls
- Development and implementation of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) processes and (automated/DevOps) tools
- Assist engineering teams in performing threat modeling by identifying potential vulnerabilities and recommending mitigation strategies
- Identifying technical solutions and security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Proven track record designing, documenting, and successfully deploying multi-layer security architectures on private and public cloud workloads
- Provide Technical Leadership to supporting technical and non-technical business units with an emphasis on collaboration and partnership
- 2+ years of security engineering experience or 5+ years in related information technology roles
- Industry Certifications (CISSP, CCSP, GCIH), Cloud Certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP), and advanced IT Certifications will be taken into consideration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical security concepts to non-technical audiences across business units
The ideal candidate will have direct hands-on experience with at least three of the following areas of information security
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and GCP security models
- Delivering security architectures meeting best practice industry security standards
- Creating and orchestrating scalable environments utilizing technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.
- Database security (SQL/HADOOP)
- Application security and industry best practices and standards (NIST CSF/CIS Controls/SANS/OWASP)
- SDLC and Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) including performing threat modeling and risk assessments.
- Working with and securing web APIs
- Identity and Access Management controls (OAuth/SAML/SSO/IAM/Federation)
- Core Security technologies (SIEM/EDR/CASB/NGFW/DLP etc.)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Security Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US