Director of Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210328
Teradata understands the critical role that diversity, equity and inclusion plays in creating an engaging culture that supports a vibrant and successful business. We are seeking a Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) to play a key role in driving DE&I initiatives across every part of our organization, partnering with global leaders and individual contributors alike, fostering a culture that enables all employees to do meaningful, impactful work at the highest possible level in an inclusive environment. We are seeking the person who is passionate about making sure every employee feels a sense of belonging and that they feel safe bringing their authentic self to work every day.
- Lead the strategy and implementation of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Teradata Globally; communicating the strategy to stakeholders; assessing impact and measuring progress; providing written and verbal updates to various audiences at all levels of the organization; coordinating and supporting central efforts to improve DE&I services and programs; leading effective planning efforts; and serving as an internal consultant and expert for the purposes of strategy design and implementation.
- Transform Teradata’s culture by building and integrating DE&I programs and services into everything we do at Teradata while ensuring alignment with our Core Principals.
- Partner with the DE&I Advisory Board and Inclusion Communities, leveraging these highly engaged and motivated individuals to drive meaningful change within the organization, on a Global scale.
- Develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies in partnership with Talent Management, HR Business Partners, and Talent Acquisition team members as it relates to recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention.
- Establish governance, mission, budget and oversight for all D&I efforts that impact our workforce.
- Advance our leaders’ capability to embed inclusion and diversity into the work environment through education and training.
- 15+ years overall professional experience, 10+ years of experience building and managing multiple complex, high-profile projects in a corporate environment
- Ability to balance both strategic thinking with tactical implementation to achieve results
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex initiatives and projects serving various audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of the research, best practices and trends in the DE&I space
- Experience influencing stakeholders, including senior leaders, to drive strategies that build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Speaking publicly is a strength.
- Discretion, good judgment and the ability to handle confidential information appropriately and with tact
- Experienced with Communication across all levels within an organization in a Global environment.
- Proven track record of facilitating company-level initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in Office 365: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- HR Change Management experience a plus
- Proven change management capabilities and skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US