Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210310
About the Opportunity
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation. To that end, we are adding to our team and looking for a highly skilled, creative and passionate professional to lead Talent Acquisition globally.
What will you do in this position?
This position will lead and oversee Teradata's global talent acquisition strategies and programs, including all talent attraction, acquisition, technology, on-boarding and branding. With more than 7,350 team members across the globe, this position was created to provide a focus on our most valuable advantage – our employees, and to create a cohesive approach to our talent acquisition strategy and delivery model.
What’s attractive about this opportunity?
The successful candidate will influence people (Executives and non-Executives alike) at all levels across a global company and have a critical impact on our business. This role is best suited to someone who enjoys the thrill of managing a team of recruiting professionals and ensuring hiring goals are met. The global TA organization has seen considerable transformation in the past few years across all aspects of people, process and systems and this is your opportunity to make it even better and more efficient.
More details on the expectations and responsibilities in this position:
• Set and evolve the vision, mission, guiding principles, goals and tactics for all talent acquisition programs
• Oversee workforce planning and strategies for delivering against workforce goals, including recruitment strategies and programs, on-boarding and assimilation programs and operational model
• Lead the talent acquisition organization to design, implement and continuously improve consistent systems and processes to drive growth through internal and external hiring
• Management of global recruitment teams and full life cycle recruitment, including internal and external resources, service providers and partners to deliver efficiencies, compliance and meet business objectives
• Determine the operating model for talent acquisition, including in-sourcing versus outsourcing; select and manage external consultants, vendors, etc.; develop and manage the department budget
• Oversee development of branding and marketing plans to support the talent pipeline globally
• Partner with management, regional HR and the BU HR leaders to stay current and anticipate hiring trends, manage workforce plans and implement talent attraction strategies
• Review and evolve our talent acquisition processes and programs with the goals of creating high-quality, scalable and innovate the talent acquisition practices and programs; this includes driving efficiencies, quality and compliance by evaluating current programs and recommending opportunities for improvement and instilling a continuous improvement mindset to strengthen our enterprise-wide processes, tools and talent systems and practices, balancing outcomes with cost and scalability
• Develop and implement metrics and analysis to capture past, but also predict future talent gaps
• Oversee, hire and develop the talent acquisition team, including recruiting, immigration and relocation
• Bring market intelligence, innovation and perspective to conversations and solutions with a strong focus on the business impact
• Monitor, maintain and adjust policy, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with organizational policies, as well as regional employment laws associated with talent acquisition
• Facilitate the definition of projects, including scope, schedule, budget, milestones goals; track and report project deliverables using appropriate tools and metrics
• Support M&A and reorganization activities as required
What are we looking for in a qualified candidate?
Like all senior positions, functional expertise is important, but so too are business maturity, creativity and the ability to influence and deliver high quality results that support the business objectives. That is easy to say, but it takes someone who leverages exceptional analytical skills, excellent judgment, a high-quality orientation, broad experience and strong communication skills and who gets things done.
Other things we’re looking for:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; a graduate or post graduate degree is desirable
• 10+ years of progressive HR leadership experience with an emphasis in talent acquisition, and/or HR business partnership, with a minimum of 6 years of leadership experience overseeing complex programs over a very global organization
• 5+ years’ progressive experience in a position responsible for creating the vision and tactics for talent acquisition programs
• Proven track record for driving change in a complex, global organization
• Experience developing global programs and successful implementation of the same
• High level of intellectual horsepower and common sense; ability to synthesize information and “connect the dots” between functional areas and the business needs, analyze the inputs, consider the trade-offs and translate into actionable content, recommendations and results
• A track record of successfully building, managing and elevating a high-quality team; a strong leader and mentor, someone who inspires, leads by example and builds collaborative, trusting relationships with their team and colleagues
• Deep knowledge and experience with Talent systems, vendors and service providers.
• Strong, recent experience and understanding of various service delivery models for talent acquisition and the ability to access the organizations’ needs, make evidence-based recommendations on the same; this includes experience selecting and implementing global succession, assessment and talent programs
• Is strategic, but also, like all leadership roles, is willing to be hands on, understand the details and drive tactics (when necessary); ability to “zoom in and zoom out”
• Multiple years of recent experience working with international talent acquisition; a strong understanding and appreciation of the cultural norms, ways of working and legal considerations of working in different regions and ability to adapt programs accordingly
• Ability to influence and build strong relationships at all levels and throughout the organization
• Demonstrated success in managing people and projects to deliver results under tight deadlines
• Hold self and others to high standards re: data integrity and accuracy
• High level of resiliency, someone who can navigate successfully in a complex, high-volume, fast-paced, results-oriented environment and not be overwhelmed
• Excellent project management skills -- planning, coordination of work, detail orientation, highly organized, and good time-management
• Has a passion for learning and appreciates that Talent is a partner in the business, so must understand the business
• Strong MS Office and general technology skills
• Ability to travel ~15% of the time
• High tech industry experience is preferred but not required.
• What’s most important for all positions in our HR team is that the individual have strong fundamentals in HR, is a good thinker, is highly accountable, holds themselves and others to a high standard and is passionate about what they do. We call it the right “DNA”!
Total Compensation Approach:
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. It includes a competitive base salary, annual bonus, 401(k), strong work/family programs, medical, dental and disability coverage, and is eligible for our annual equity grants.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US