Teradata Performance DBA
Location: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210266
Role: Teradata Performance DBA
Job Location: Mumbai/ Pune/ Bangalore
Manage Production/Development databases performance in the following areas
- Review Teradata system reports and provide “performance assessment” report with recommendations to optimize system.
- Investigate and quantify opportunities from “performance assessment” reports and
- Apply best practices in each of the areas.
- Monitor using Viewpoint tool for Teradata system performance using different portlets.
- Review poor performing queries generated from BI/ETL tools and provide best practice recommendations on how to simply and restructure views, apply PPI or other index changes
- Closely monitor the performance of various work groups on the system and make sure data is available to business as per the SLA requirement.
- Statistics Management and Optimization
- Optimal index analysis - Review Index usage on tables and recommend adding dropping indexes for optimal data access
- Review uncompressed tables, analyze its usage and implement compression to save space and reduce IO activity – using various algorithms like MVC/ BLC/ ALC.
- Optimize locking statements in views, macros & queries to eliminate blocking contention invest
- Review the Spool Limits for the users and recommend optimal limit for the Ad-hoc users to avoid run away queries over consuming system resources.
- Check for Mismatch data types in the system and make them unique to avoid costly translations during query processing
- Review Set tables and check for the options to convert to MultiSet to avoid costly duplicate row checking operation
- Review Large Scan Tables on the system and analyze for using PPI, MLPPI, Compression, Secondary indexes & Join Indexes
- Fine tune various application parameters/number of sessions to ensure optimal functioning of the application.
- Analyze various applications and understand the space requirements and segregate the disk space under the categories of perm, spool and temp space
- Setting up the database hierarchy that includes database creation and management of objects such as users, Roles, Profiles, tables, views
- Maintain profiles, roles, access rights and permissions for Teradata user groups and objects.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiload/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPump errors, should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Generate periodic performance reports using PDCR and identify bottlenecks with the system performance
- Establish PDCR canary performance baselines. Utilize standard canary queries to identify variance from baseline.
- Effective usage of TASM & Priority distribution to penalize the resource intensive queries, Give high priority to business critical workloads, Throttling of different workloads for optimal throughput and provide performance reports to check workload management health.
- 3-6 + years of Teradata DBA experience.
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Exposure to visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell, Python scripting.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Performance DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN