Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210265
We are looking for a professional software engineering manager to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s DSA team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sounds appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
The DSA product is responsible for moving data, via multiple streams, from and to the parallel Teradata database. DSA is the engine that supports data movement for Backup and Restore, system to system data movement, and supports business continuity and disaster recovery offers for Teradata’s products in all environments from On Prem to Cloud.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, with more than 15 years of software engineering development experience with at least 4 years of engineering management experience. Storage exposure with cloud work is highly desirable
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and delivery of DSA product enhancements, quality and release activity. DSA is our backup and restore solution
- Work with Product Management, Architects and designers, related other scrum teams to establish concepts, dependencies and project priorities.
- Management of team members including setting objectives, reviewing performance, talent management and establishing a positive working environment.
- Plan, track and report development activities with emphasis on quality, schedule, content and productivity.
- Manage program risks, defects, and issues with action plans; develop contingency plans for schedule slips and project issues.
- Aware of developing market trends, and state-of-the-art technology
- Previous supervisory experience – strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with challenging situations, setting up and managing expectations
- Motivate and build a high performance software development team
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex concepts
- Ability to lead, plan and manage multiple competing complex projects with strong sense of ownership
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with strong data driven management approach
- Good fundamentals in Software Engineering (Data Structures, Algorithms), software development in storage/database internals.
- Experience with multi-threading, multi-processing parallel software development on Linux operating systems.
- Good understanding of one or more public cloud platforms i.e.AWS, AZURE or GCP.
- Experience in being a part of and/or managing an engineering development team in technology space would be highly desirable
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN