Sr. Director, Regional Sales Operations – Americas
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210261
Sr. Director, Regional Sales Operations – Americas
Location: United States (preferably Pacific Time Zone)
The Teradata Global Go-to-Market (GTM) Operations is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency Teradata’s Go-to-market business. Sr. Director of Regional Sales Operations – Americas will lead revenue operations and enablement for the Americas region and partner with the Americas Region EVP. They will drive complete revenue reporting fidelity (in partnership with Finance and Administration) in their defined areas and ensure enablement of their sales leaders who are delivering on top-line growth and bottom-line profitability. The role requires an execution and operational skill set that has a proven track record enabling sales across a complex business.
The Teradata Global GTM Operations organization is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency Teradata’s Global Go-to-Market organization. This position reports into the SVP, WW GTM Strategy & Operations. The position will be responsible for helping create and execute the operational plan as a partner to the EVP of The Americas.
Key Areas of Responsibility - Sustained:
Regional Strategy & Planning Execution
- Coordinate the sales operations strategy, processes, systems, priorities in alignment with regional strategy.
- Collaborate with WW sales strategy & planning to setup, maintain, and modify sales territories and assist with the comprehensive analysis of territory alignment and optimization decisions
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount and sales plan.
- Partner with Regional Sales Management on business planning and strategy for their respective sales areas
- “Right Hand” to Regional Sales EVP – Provide recommendations on action to be taken based on strategic objectives, forecast, or performance metrics, attend regional staff meetings, and act as proxy when leader is out of the office
- Enabling the business performance through proper execution of daily business operations.
- Drive standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities at the territory level that is consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities on a periodic basis
- Lead the in-geography execution of Sales Operations, Renewals, Strategy and Enablement activities.
- Ensure business continuity and fidelity between sales, renewal managers, consulting, and customer support to represent the overall state of the operational business
- Work with consulting and customer support heads to ensure cost and deliverables remain on budget and quarterly sales and revenue targets are exceeded
- Ensure adherence to systems, processes, and overall operations. Identify and provide feedback into Sales Operations and find scalable solutions.
- Assist in the structuring, approval, and closure of complex license sales collaborating with legal, finance, and customer operations.
- Assist with the communication of important information to the regional sales team during staff meetings, over the phone, and in person.
- Be available to help with operational and non-sales related issues to enable the efficiency of the sales force.
- Leadership of Regional Strategic Programs/Projects in partnership with the Region Functional VPs
Business Intelligence, Reporting & Insights
- Review the weekly forecast and metric reports & provide analysis for Regional Sales Management and recommendations for action
- Administer, manage and report on bookings/revenue forecast using Teradata methodology and automation/forecasting tools; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards within respective regions
- Responsible for operational utilization and resourcing to guide sales leader’s visibility of profitability goals and metrics attainment.
- Responsible for overall sales administration, revenue reporting fidelity and business-mix health index.
Programs & Process Improvement.
- Work with WW sales operations team to provide recommendations for localization of processes and tools for the region you support.
- Intermittently shadow calls and attend sales calls to ensure quality of sales team execution first hand and recommend enhancements and training opportunities to regional sales leadership.
- Identify operational problems, effectively communicate, find solutions, and execute new operational plans.
- Support the enablement of the regional leadership team and regional sales team on new sales techniques, process changes, and tool changes.
- Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures.
Revenue Operations Team Development
- Train, coach, and develop a team of high performing revenue operations professionals to support the Americas organization in all the above responsibilities.
Candidate will be part of the GTM Operations Leadership Team (LT) as well as the Americas Region LT. It is required that the candidate have or must develop a strong working knowledge of Teradata’s go to market strategy and solutions portfolio (or similar). Where applicable, an understanding and use of Teradata internal systems, organizational structure, and ability to work within a multi-discipline team is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- It is preferred the candidate has 10+ years’ experience, preferably in the technology industry, with management experience in any or all the following disciplines: Sales, Sales Support, Business Operations and/or Revenue Management.
- The candidate must have a fundamental understanding of “go-to-market” processes & the ability to work in a strong sales culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required; MBA desirable but not required
- Proven track record to meeting or exceeding revenue and margin goals
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Highly organized, motivated, and diligent in their work and projects
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Regional Sales Operations – Americas
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US