Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210227
Title: Teradata Data Mover Staff Software Engineer
Location: Primary San Diego, CA or Other location El Segundo, CA
The Teradata Data Mover team is distributed across multiple offices and provides a critical set of Java based tools to efficiently and reliably copy data from one Teradata system to another either on prem, in the cloud or both (i.e. hybrid).
Embed yourself in a fun but hard-working agile development team to enhance a Java centric tool that is used by many Fortune 500 companies.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- US permanent residence
- US Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 8 or more years of industry design and programming experience
- Or US Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 6 or more years of industry design and programming experience
- Or a PhD in Computer Science or related technical field with 3 or more years of industry design and programming experience.
- Java programming with an emphasis in developing multi-threaded applications in a parallel processing environment.
- System design, excellent problem solving, and strong debugging skills.
- Experience with database applications and SQL.
- Strong knowledge on RESTful API development/testing.
- Experience developing test scripts for execution in continuous build and test automation environments.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Eclipse, or comparable IDE for software development.
- Experience with a variety of development tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Junit and Git
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems along with scripting (e.g., ksh, bourn, python, etc.).
- Personal resource management skills to successfully work on multiple assignments at one time (i.e., possess compartmentalization skills).
- Experience on an Agile development team contributing to project deliverables via sprints.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills to actively participate in all SCRUM meetings.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and general direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Experience working in an Agile SAFe development process
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge about cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google
- Exposure to CICD development pipelines
- Experience with C++ development
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US