Senior Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 210227
Software Engineer - Data Mover Team
The Teradata Data Mover team is distributed across multiple offices and provides a critical set of Java based tools to efficiently and reliably copy data from one Teradata system to another either on prem, in the cloud or both (i.e. hybrid).
Embed yourself in a fun but hard-working agile development team to enhance a Java centric tool that is used by many Fortune 500 companies.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- US permanent residence
- US Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 8 or more years of industry design and programming experience
- Or US Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 6 or more years of industry design and programming experience
- Or a PhD in Computer Science or related technical field with 3 or more years of industry design and programming experience.
- Java programming with an emphasis in developing multi-threaded applications in a parallel processing environment.
- System design, excellent problem solving, and strong debugging skills.
- Experience with database applications and SQL.
- Strong knowledge on RESTful API development/testing.
- Experience developing test scripts for execution in continuous build and test automation environments.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Eclipse, or comparable IDE for software development.
- Experience with a variety of development tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Junit and Git
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems along with scripting (e.g., ksh, bourn, python, etc.).
- Personal resource management skills to successfully work on multiple assignments at one time (i.e., possess compartmentalization skills).
- Experience on an Agile development team contributing to project deliverables via sprints.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills to actively participate in all SCRUM meetings.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and general direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Experience working in an Agile SAFe development process
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge about cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google
- Exposure to CICD development pipelines
- Experience with C++ development
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US