Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 210224
“Teradata is committed to an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels welcome, respected, supported, valued and can be themselves. We commit to ensuring an inclusive environment for all and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds as we value the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinion, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, and beliefs”
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading analytic technology solutions and consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance; providing real answers to enterprise business problems –deployed at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence: on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
Reporting to the Director of Business Consulting for A/NZ, the Business Consultant is a key member of the Go-To-Market team. You are responsible for creating innovation for our client by proposing and agreeing real business outcomes enabled by data and analytics. Your primary objective is to drive consumption of Teradata software by demonstrating the benefit to your client with a focus on developing future sales pipelines for assets, software consumption and consulting services at scale into the largest analytic opportunities in your Geography. You will also be instrumental in developing awareness and enabling the ability of our strategic partners to support the growth of Teradata’s footprint of both existing customers and prospects.
As a Business Consultant, you will:
- Collaborate with your peers and colleagues to provide strategy and direction on how Teradata’s offerings help solve industry and business problems and demonstrate how the relate to the strategies of our clients
- Prioritize time and investments with the account teams towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your clients and prospects – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our ability to deliver data & analytics solutions at scale
- Drive and surface the product and service pipeline for your accounts and use this to engage the wider industry and SME communities – Local, Regional and Global
- Define and promote new offers and engage with partners and other 3rd parties to leverage and propose Teradata functionally for the benefit of shared clients and prospects.
- Create and nurture mutually beneficial relationships across our partners ecosystem
As a collaborative Role you will be expected to spend a portion of your time in customer facing activities that may require travel across your geography
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- BSc, MBA, or MSc in a business, analytical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years industry experience in the Banking and Financial Services domain – including but not limited to Retail and Business Banking, Financial Crimes and Risk Management, Fintech, Payments and Insurance and/or servicing this domain from within a Top Tier Consulting Firm or Cloud Service Provider
- Demonstrated ability to create and nurture relationships with senior and executive business stakeholders
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients: understand their business strategy and priorities, use data & analytics to grow their business and a commitment to cross functional engagement as and when required
- Proven experience in packaging and selling complex solutions involving software and consulting services.
- Acknowledged expertise in the Data and Analytics domain
- A commitment to life-long learning and personal development – both for yourself and your extended teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU