Strategic Insights & Analytics Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210195
Strategic Insights & Analytics Manager
Location: US, virtual
The Strategic Insights and Analytics manager is an essential role within our Corporate Strategy organization. This role is an individual contributor and will is responsible for supporting key strategic initiatives across functions that drive strategic outcomes for the organization. The individual will report to the VP, Corporate Strategy and Global Strategic Initiatives, but must work cross-functionally with teams from Go-To-Market, Marketing, Product Management & Engineering, Finance, and others.
The role will be responsible for delivering on key activities related to strategic programs in a timely and efficient manner. Given the ambiguous nature of the strategic challenges that may arise, this role needs to be comfortable with uncertainty and willing to dive into new and undefined problems. By conducting internal and external research, and identifying relevant data, the role will support in assessing and quantifying different strategic paths and evaluating go-forward options. This will require strong problem-solving skills and motivational drive to step into unchartered territory. By supporting strategic initiatives, this role will work on tasks that shape company and functional operating models and define future needs and execution plans. This role will be essential in translating complex business situations and the corresponding analysis into easy to consume presentations targeted at multiple levels in the organization, including peers and executives. This role requires balancing and influencing multiple competing priorities and individuals.
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and execution of tasks in line with Teradata’s overall direction and strategic goals
- Define scope and drive critical projects and initiatives partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Deep dive to understand business problems in depth and leverage a data-driven mindset to research and gather insights on key strategic questions
- Bridge the gap between technology teams and the business, especially when communicating requirements and determining optimal solutions
- Collect & analyze data, information, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issues
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- High levels of problem solving to identify creative and novel solutions
- Apply storytelling and communication skills to effectively craft presentations for all audiences (individual contributors, line managers, and top executives)
- Design and develop Power BI reports, dashboards and dataflows
- Provide oversight and guidance on projects of high importance
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the strategy organization with cross-functional teams
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals
- Foresee and highlight organizational risks and take preventative action where possible.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other STEM field
- Strong analytical background with 5-7+ years of experience
- Experience in driving insights using visualization and analytics tools
- Experience using Power BI or similar BI tools
- Advanced SQL writing capabilities and expert Excel knowledge
- Strategic thinker with ability to effectively manage ambiguity
- Demonstrated passion and depth of understanding for technology solutions
- Detailed and process oriented; with ability to work on both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to tailor materials to executive audiences
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Insights & Analytics Manager
Job Category: Strategy
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US