Product Support Engineer - Generalist
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 210189
Product Support Engineer - Generalist
Are you a problem solver? Do you like a fast paced support environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives and technical engineers? If so, the Teradata Base Support team is a great fit for you.
What We Do
The Teradata Base Support team is a 24x7 high volume global support center. Along with incident management, we provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s problems, both internal and external.
What You’ll Do:
The Product Support Engineer works in a fast-paced, demanding technical customer support center environment that requires timely solutions to complex technical problems, often of a critical nature to the customer. As a Product Support Engineer you will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills. The work environment requires 24x7 coverage. This position will also be supporting International customers and the ability to speak other languages in addition to English is a plus
Interesting Work You’ll Do: (Key Responsibilities)
- Accept and respond to incoming calls and emails.
- Provide Initial problem triage and clarify problem definition
- Search knowledge bases for known solutions to known problems
- Identification and management of duplicate incidents
- Extract logs, dumps, error files from customer systems
- Prepare and transmit source upgrade files
- Provide remote support to on-site resources
- Isolates standard problems
- Log problem resolution and support knowledge creation
- Coordinates activities associated with product/service resolution issues
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms.
- Coordinate with customers and end-users to implement solutions.
- Track, monitor and maintain incident progress.
- Manage the coordination of problem records and associated activities to drive problem resolution
- Drive service quality and process improvement through continuous business process analysis
Skills and Experiences You’ll Need to Be Successful: (Basic Qualifications)
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Arabic language
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of Technical Support related experience.
- Basic Database and Operating System knowledge
- Experience in Help Desk/Customer service position is a plus
Ideally, you will also have the following: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols.
- Knowledge of Lean Problem Solving
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows and other current operating systems.
- Knowledge of Teradata support tools including the installation of remote tools.
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer - Generalist
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG