Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 210179
Sourcing at Teradata is changing for the better. We are maturing our organization from reactionary to becoming a strategic business partner. Service redesign, digital enablement, and overall process transformation are only a few of the new directives of the Sourcing and Procurement strategy. Are you ready to change with us?
Your mission will be to support a center-led operating model to promote role clarity and work optimization, drive greater visibility and influence in the organization and ensure Teradata is achieving the best value for its spend.
As a Strategic Sourcing Specialist at Teradata, you will be a key member of our Enterprise Sourcing & Strategy Solutions team, charged with driving compelling results and value to Teradata through strategic procurement activities.
What You’ll Do
- Support Category Leaders in developing and executing Category strategies
- Conduct financial, demand and supply market analysis, and interact with business leaders to support the Category Leaders in the development of Category strategies
- Conduct spend analytics; use data to influence change and build strong ROI
- Model, monitor, and report trends in underlying cost drivers
- Develop and execute complex RFI/RFQ/RFPs with quality and in timeframes as directed by Category Leaders.
- Execute contract renewals and new contracts as assigned by Category Leaders. Negotiate best possible commercial terms while protecting Teradata through the use of standard terms and conditions.
- Interact directly with vendor and internal business leaders for day-to-day activities.
- Continuously gather business intelligence on category-specific sourcing best practices and summarize/share with Category Leaders
- Build knowledge/credibility within assigned categories – bring new and actionable category-specific insights to Category Leaders based on knowledge of category best practices and trends.
- Conduct other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, or Consulting
- Demonstrated experience in strategically supporting data-driven cross-functional efforts and managing communications with diverse set of stakeholders.
- Understanding and application of sourcing policies, procedures, and supply strategies
- Capable of coordinating across business units and sharing critical information, with a strength in explaining complex concepts and coaching individuals through complex decision-making
- Capable of managing deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
This position will sit in our Peachtree Corners office near Atlanta, GA. We will also consider candidates local to our San Diego, CA headquarters.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Category Specialist
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US