Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210175
Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning
Location: San Diego, CA or United States, virtual
The Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning is a key leadership position in our Corporate Strategy organization. This role provides active direction to achieve Teradata’s corporate strategy through a variety of means including, but not limited to – advising on strategic opportunities and alignment, strategic planning, market and competitive research, driving cross-functional execution etc.
This leader will work with the Strategy leadership team (LT) to both shape corporate strategy as well as translate that firm-wide strategy into functional and regional strategy, and eventually robust operational plans. They will work with workstream and initiative leaders to ensure plans are well thought out and deliver an outstanding set of results and experiences for our customers, partners, employees and thereby, Teradata. Working in conjunction with a transformation office, this leader will provide counsel to various teams and actively problem solve any issues. Overarchingly. this role will support the executive team and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment and movement with speed on prioritized areas of focus.
On an on-going basis, this leader may also be called upon to identify, diagnose and assess areas across the company where there is a specific need to define or align strategy, address blockers (process, planning, structure, etc.) or capture unique opportunities. They will then help form and lead cross functional teams to address strategic questions, diagnose issues, build plans, ultimately enabling Teradata to fully align to corporate strategy and direction, and more aggressively execute to realize success.
- Facilitate functional and regional strategic plans, ensuring alignment to corporate strategy and activities
- Lead cross functional teams in tackling and resolving key initiatives or projects that are critical to strategy success, including addressing blockers to strategy attainment
- Tackle ambiguous challenges by structuring and framing problems, executing research as needed to collect relevant data, and preparing an assessment of potential go-forward options
- Accountable to key stakeholders for initiative identification, set up, monitoring and reporting of success metrics (in conjunction with various teams)
- Drive, direct, monitor and contribute to critical strategic initiatives
- Influence key stakeholders and act as a strategic advisor on key areas of focus to enable Teradata’s strategy
- Provide oversight and guidance to projects and actions of high importance
- Balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals
- Foresee and address/mitigate organizational risks and takes to action to prevent.
- Create and maintain cross-organizational relationships to enable strategy team success
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or 15+ years of equivalent experience; MBA degree preferred
- Demonstrated passion and depth of understanding for technology solutions
- Strategic thinker who can tackle ambiguous problems, bring definition and clarity to define a go-forward strategy, as well as translate strategy into company-wide operational initiatives
- Detailed and process oriented; with ability to work on both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to actively listen, influence, negotiate and coach
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning
Job Category: Strategy
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US