Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210175
Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning
Location: San Diego, CA or United States, virtual
The Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning is a key leadership position in our Corporate Strategy organization. This role provides active direction to achieve Teradata’s corporate strategy through a variety of means including, but not limited to – advising on strategic opportunities and alignment, strategic planning, market and competitive research, driving cross-functional execution etc.
This leader will work with the Strategy leadership team (LT) to both shape corporate strategy as well as translate that firm-wide strategy into functional and regional strategy, and eventually robust operational plans. They will work with workstream and initiative leaders to ensure plans are well thought out and deliver an outstanding set of results and experiences for our customers, partners, employees and thereby, Teradata. Working in conjunction with a transformation office, this leader will provide counsel to various teams and actively problem solve any issues. Overarchingly. this role will support the executive team and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment and movement with speed on prioritized areas of focus.
On an on-going basis, this leader may also be called upon to identify, diagnose and assess areas across the company where there is a specific need to define or align strategy, address blockers (process, planning, structure, etc.) or capture unique opportunities. They will then help form and lead cross functional teams to address strategic questions, diagnose issues, build plans, ultimately enabling Teradata to fully align to corporate strategy and direction, and more aggressively execute to realize success.
- Facilitate functional and regional strategic plans, ensuring alignment to corporate strategy and activities
- Lead cross functional teams in tackling and resolving key initiatives or projects that are critical to strategy success, including addressing blockers to strategy attainment
- Tackle ambiguous challenges by structuring and framing problems, executing research as needed to collect relevant data, and preparing an assessment of potential go-forward options
- Accountable to key stakeholders for initiative identification, set up, monitoring and reporting of success metrics (in conjunction with various teams)
- Drive, direct, monitor and contribute to critical strategic initiatives
- Influence key stakeholders and act as a strategic advisor on key areas of focus to enable Teradata’s strategy
- Provide oversight and guidance to projects and actions of high importance
- Balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals
- Foresee and address/mitigate organizational risks and takes to action to prevent.
- Create and maintain cross-organizational relationships to enable strategy team success
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or 15+ years of equivalent experience; MBA degree preferred
- Demonstrated passion and depth of understanding for technology solutions
- Strategic thinker who can tackle ambiguous problems, bring definition and clarity to define a go-forward strategy, as well as translate strategy into company-wide operational initiatives
- Detailed and process oriented; with ability to work on both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to actively listen, influence, negotiate and coach
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Strategy and Strategic Planning
Job Category: Strategy
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US