Senior Pricing Analyst
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 210154
Job Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Country: Czech Republic
As a member of Teradata's Deal Desk, you will have the opportunity to excel in the role of Pricing Analyst as you work with the EMEA Sales team on deal development and analysis. The Pricing Analyst structures and evaluates customer deals by utilizing Teradata’s pricing tools and provides vital counsel to Deal Managers, Account Teams and Sales Management on product offerings, pricing options, contract terms and conditions, competition, and price negotiation techniques. You will conduct bid reviews and provide or secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, you will help to win business and increase profitability by building and evaluating pricing proposals and making educated recommendations. In close cooperation with Deal Managers, you will work cross-functionally with the Account Teams, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions across the company. The position reports to the Regional Deal Desk Director.
- Effectively create and assess bid pricing with the ability to identify potential risks and opportunities
- Work closely with Deal Managers to support a Teradata sales organization
- Provide price structuring and scenario analysis in alignment to a sales strategy
- Interact daily with Account Teams often offering pricing and accounting guidance, upholding company governance, and business consulting on deals
- Become an expert in the tools and processes used by Deal Desk
- Understand data analytics technology and competitor products and tactics
- Consolidate opportunity pricing and prepare revenue recognition analysis
- Evaluate business terms and conditions to ensure they are in line with Teradata policy
- Work within Salesforce to complete appropriate approvals
- Capture and report bid results and metrics
- Monitor price and cost changes, and other product information as it impacts deals
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related work experience
- Strong capability in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Windows applications
- Demonstrated analytical/financial skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Knowledge of web-based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages
- Prior experience in finance, technology, pricing, solutions engineering or sales-support roles
- Knowledge of data warehousing and cloud
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ