Senior Industry Consultant, Manufacturing- Asia Pacific & Japan
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 210151
Senior Industry Consultant, APJ
This is primarily a pre-sale, Regional position, leveraging deep domain expertise as part of our Business-Outcome focused Cloud First growth strategy in Teradata APJ. The Industry Consultant’s (IC) primary responsibility is to develop, own and manage our offers and capabilities in the Manufacturing industry, and build pipeline by working closely with account teams and with Partners to ensure that those offers are incorporated into account plans and positioned with our customers and prospects. The successful candidate will be involved in some of the most strategic and high potential opportunities in the Region, building credibility with key customer stakeholders and supporting account teams in a consultative selling approach with our industry focused offers.
The ideal applicant will have a deep expertise in the Manufacturing industry and good foundation as an analytics practitioner with ability to influence with credibility. Experience of working with diverse and geographically dispersed teams and dealing with change is also highly desirable.
This senior expert role will report to the Director, Industry Consulting for APJ. Regional HQ is Singapore, but the successful candidate need not be based there. Travel across the Region is to be expected under normal circumstances and is usually well planned.
- Head the Manufacturing Industry Consulting capability in APJ, staying on top of sector trends and having a strategic view for the Region; developing and owning our business outcome led offers and capabilities; ensuring offers are included in account plans; driving a Community of Interest in the Region; and collaborating globally with experts.
- Support account teams in developing and exploiting strong relationships with customer and prospect senior management through the provision of deep subject matter expertise; empathy with the many complexities that our customers and prospects face; and the ability to recognize and drive the opportunities that can bring them greater success
- Support Partner organizations that can work with Teradata for synergistic capabilities at our customers and prospects
- Provide expertise, credibility, and innovative thinking externally and internally on how Teradata and our Manufacturing industry offers can help customers solve their business strategies and deliver valuable business outcomes. The Manufacturing IC will be one of the primary spokespersons for Teradata APJ and will need to build and maintain a trusted advisor profile.
- Proactively promote Teradata through extensive, engaging, relevant and timely external communication
Experience/ Skills Required
- 10 years of relevant experience in the Manufacturing industry with the following:
- Experience in the Discrete Manufacturing industry like Electronics, with consultative positioning of value propositions around Industry 4.0
- Demonstrable Industry Consulting experience as a subject matter expert
- Experience in positioning an integrated data platform for analytics with a good understanding of bridging the IT and OT landscape
- Knowledge of key global and APJ business drivers in the Manufacturing industry
- Ability to translate data, analytics, and technology concepts into concise business focused messages, and vice-versa
- Ability to innovate and articulate what the next big solutions need to deliver, thereby establishing vision, credibility, and enabling customer strategies
- Leverage deep industry expertise with influencing, interpersonal, and change management skills
- Fluency in English, with secondary or multiple language skills a benefit
- Prior experience of working in a multi-country organization
- Able to quickly and accurately assess new situations and identify potential approaches and / or solutions to complex, multi-disciplinary problems
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
This role can be based in any of the following location:
- South Korea
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Industry Consultant, Manufacturing- Asia Pacific & Japan
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG